“Yum”

Guayabito's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 54 Restaurants in Bryson City
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Description: I don't think they have a website, but went to Bryson City and to this restaurant and it was soooo good, I had to review it. I was surprised to see there was no listing.
“Yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My family's first stop when they come to visit us. We enjoy it often! Probably not the best Mexican food I've ever eaten, but it is very good!

Houston, Texas
“Overpriced For What You Get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The food was decent. Service was great. My wife and I ordered chicken fajitas for two, priced at $24. The fajita platter was large, but the chunks of chicken were rather small and overwhelmed by a large amount of onions and peppers. They really skimp on the accompanying beans, rice, and guacamole - only enough for about 1.5 fajitas for each of us. Margarita was ok, but again, you don't get very much for the price.

1 Thank JustMyOpinionMan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Guyabito's Mexican Restaurant, Bryson City, NC”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Food very mediocre. Terrible service. Way over-rated. Bad value. Located in basic strip mall. There are much better Mexican restaurants in nearby Sylva (like the Fresh Mex, a.k.a. El Pacifico) and Cherokee.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lois H
Bryson City, North Carolina
“Quality Mexican Food at a Decent Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have a summer home in Bryson City. There are not a lot of food options in Bryson City and we visited Guyabito's nearly every Saturday for years. We had bad service only one time and that was due to huge kayak competition on the Nantahala river. The food is of quality and served fast. I loved the Chori Pollo and their combination dinners. They use real Poblano peppers not green or anaheim. The only gripe we had and caused us to switch our allegiance to Mi Casa in Franklin is their salsa. It is bland, lacks spice no cilantro or onions. It tastes like crushed tomatoes out of a can. To be fair we have been there in a while and it may have changed..

• Visited May 2013
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was surprised with their food! It was a lot better than I expected.. I recommend the mango margarita! the ground beef was OK. Good service too.

Visited January 2014