“Not the Hilton, but a very nice place for the price!”

Lloyds on the River Country Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Bryson City
Reviewed 15 July 2011

After our worst night in a camping cabin in Townsed Tn. we drove to Byson City and found this place between Cherokee and Bryson City. It was clean, the owner was friendly and the place was nice sitting on the river. Its not the Hilton, so if your looking for that don't stay here, but it was quiet and had a feeling of home the way it was decorated. It was nice just to sit out back and enjoy thr river flowing. It had grills and picnic tables outside by the river and all you would need for a cozy quiet night and the price was right. I would stay here again. I thanked the owner the next mourning explaining our vacation camping cabin was a nightmare.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank treatert

Reviewed 3 July 2011

My husband was hiking the Appalachian Trail and one of the places we were able to meet up was where Nantahala Outdoor Center has a portion of the trail crossover. We met there and then found Lloyds to stay in while my husband healed up and regained his strength. The Inn keepers were very, very kind. We kept extending our stay and Larry never seemed to mind. It was so peaceful to be able to sit on the rockers on the back porch, listening to the rolling brook going by. Watching people float by on their tubes and watching people wade in the water fly fishing. We were even visited by a beautiful flock of geese that stopped by to feed. I am glad to see that this place is listed on the internet and I wanted to make sure I place a good comment. It's a MUST stay place. Very reasonably priced and in the middle of lots of things to see and do. Cherokee is 5 miles up the road and Bryson City 5 miles the opposite direction. Thumbs up 10 times to this wonderful place. A little piece of heaven on earth.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Constance1962
Reviewed 9 April 2011

just so wonderful my room was cozy and clean, oh and the back porch with rocking chairs a great veiw on the river could not ask for nicer people that own the place they have the best ice machine, and i cant say enough about the pool one of those old concrete pools that has been taken very good care of very very clean and refreshing just a nice place good location close to town but yet you seem like you are in the mountains cant beat this place for the price i would visit again and agian. very very very nice place

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank keeyma
Reviewed 25 January 2011

We stayed at Lloyds in July and found it to be a nice clean hotel.

Reservations are a little shaky as they are a small hotel managed by a husband/wife and can't always answer the phone. We prob had to call 5 times before we got them. They gave us a discounted rate of about $65/night which we thought was an appropriate rate for the room we got. Some other people staying there were paying $89/night. Not sure this hotel is worth that (in my opinion).

Check in was easy. The man at the desk was very nice.

The room was nice and clean. The furnishings were a little dated, but it was nice and relaxing. Our room had two double or queen beds, a TV, a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker. The bathroom was was a little small and outdated, but it was clean. Don't forget to bring your own shampoo's and hair dryer.

The rooms at the back of the hotel all had porches on them that overlooked the creek. lots of folks back here were using the grills for cookouts. The only negatives of the porches were that none of them had steps that went down to the creek area. You had to go back through the room and walk around the building to get down there. Sure would have been nice just to step off the porch.

They had a nice small old style pool in the parking lot, but we didn't use it.

Verizon cell service was good inside the room here.

The only thing I wished this hotel had was internet access for our laptop. In today's age, most travelers have a laptop or wifi enabled cell phone and would like to use it to look up restaurants, etc or check email real quick. This is a solution that can be added for a few hundred bucks and something every hotel now days should have.

Would we stay here again? Yes. But not for $90/night.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank michael_210
Reviewed 19 December 2010

After reading the reviews for the place on trip advisor I thought I had found another gem. Nope. Total bust. Friendly staff upon check, dated rooms and furniture, worst hotel/motel bed I have ever slept on (may have actually been a torture rack), and about 5-10 minutes outside of "town." For $60 a night in December I think I will stay elsewhere next trip.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank jdub07
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Decided to stay at Lloyds for our fall motorcycle trip in the NC mountains. Cannot say enough to how much I enjoyed it here. Smaller motel, but that's what we look for. Love to give our business to the smaller American rather than a large chain. Awesome scenery, and LOVE the rocking chairs in the front and back. At most chains, you end up stuffed up in a room watching cable TV, which I can do at home. Here, we were able to sit on the rocking chairs out front, enjoy the fellowship of our friends, and meet a handful of others coming in to the inn. Plan to make this a staple of future fall bike trips.

• Stayed: October 2010
3  Thank NC_Outbound
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We stayed here last weekend & it is very outdated. The bathtub was peeling. There were huge cracks where the floors meet the walls as well as around the tub. There were teenage girls running, stomping & giggling well into the night. We talked about finding somewhere else to stay around 12 am. I booked this room because of all the nice reviews but I evidentally was put in a much different room than these other people. I don't reccommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee
Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee
#17 of 28 in Cherokee

Been to Lloyds on the River Country Inn? Share your experiences!