“Older Motel”

and 1 more site!
Ridge Top Motel & Campground
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Bryson City
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We booked this room as a last resort because the other motels in the area were full. We made the trip to Bryson City for the Polar Express train ride. We stayed on the first floor I believe it was room 127. For $50 we got what I expected it was a small room you could barley walk around and there was no place in the bathroom for the toiletries. The room was fairly clean, but I did not give it a good inspection. The refrigerator in this room was very old and did not work. I do wish we would have stayed maybe further out just because this room hotel wasn't for us, but for $50 I didn't expect much. The owners are very nice and if you decide to go for the train ride I would recommend trying to stay in town so that you could walk to the local shops. Very nice town.

Room Tip: If I was to ever stay again I would suggest asking for an updated room and a bigger room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason A

Reviewed 23 October 2012

After reading many reviews we decided to try the Ridge Top Motel in Bryson City for 2 nights. We requested a Second floor Pet Friendly room. The room was shockingly out of date with furniture from the 1960s! The bathroom was especially nice with a stainless steel kitchen sink, I wasn't sure if I was in a kitchen or a bathroom! The room was outdated and dirty and very over crowded with old furniture! It may very well have been the worse room I have ever stayed in. After one night I went to the owner Sanjay stating that we had no intention of spending another night there! He offered to waive the Pet Fee and offered us another room @ half price should we ever decide to return, fat chance I'd sleep in my vehicle first! We stayed at the Microtel Inn in Bryson City the second night and had a much much nicer room for slightly more than we paid @ the Ridge Top Motel! Give your pet a break and drive on!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kim G
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My wife and stayed at the Ridge Top 20 Oct 2012. It is an older two story motel. As it turned out we had stayed at this property in the 1980's. Some updating has been accomplished in the bath room. The problem was there is not anywhere to lay out tolietries. The room was very clean and the King bed was comfortable. The owners did allow us to have our two small Poodles. I felt the price we paid was $20 higher than the level of the property (should be a $50 to $70 property). Yes, I would stay there again at that price range. The view from the mountain location is great. You cannot walk to the sites down in town.

Room Tip: If you travel with pets, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 18 October 2012

If I had seen the room before I paid I probably would not have stayed there. It is and older motel so I should not have been surprised. The king sized bed barely fit in the room and the sheets seemed to be more for a queen size bed. But the owners were great and got things for us when we needed something. We asked for a couple more pillows because the ones on the bed were a little flat. No problem. The outside area was clean and well kept. The room did smell musty but the weather was cool and we could open the windows. We reserved at this motel because TripAdvisor listed it as #6. #1 thru #5 were booked. I'm glad we didn't have to settle for #10. The views were pretty from up on the ridge, but I think next time I'd rather stay down in the town where all the restaurants are in walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rspeay
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I booked this motel because the rate was low and I read good reviews, but I wasn't sure it would be nice enough to stay there, however, after checking our my room, I was pleasantly surprised. This is a nice place. The owner went out of his way to accomodate my health issue. This is an older motel, but they are putting upgrades in place. The bikers staying there seemed to be a friendly bunch as well. I felt safe there, although I was alone. It was an easy 25-minute scenic drive to the NOC rafting center. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floor, closest to the office, have quick access to the upper covered deck, where...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank highmaint
Reviewed 18 August 2012

My husband and I spent 7 nights (August 5th -12th) at the Ridge Top Motel. We also used the motel as a motorcyle riding "base". We enjoyed our visit very much. The owners, Sanjay and Rina, were very hospitable and made our stay very pleasant. We were impressed that they both were constantly cleaning and maintaining the motel, grounds, and pool area. The rooms are small, however the "deck" outside our room, overlooking the pool and mountains, made us feel like we had an extra sitting area. It was wonderful to come back after a day of riding and sit outside relaxing and visiting with other guests. We will definately be back! We hope to be able to stay at this motel around Christmas time and go to the Polar Express.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We have stayed here a couple of years ago and looked on the Internet for info. We were almost put off by a bad review in November 2011, but knew it was away from freeway traffic and staff was very friendly and helpful before so went ahead and booked for several days for motorcycle riding "base". It was definitely the right decision.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family