“Nice older hotel needs some improvements.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ridge Top Motel & Campground

Ridge Top Motel & Campground
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Bryson City
“Nice older hotel needs some improvements.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The location is ok good view of mountains. For it's age the motel is ok. Our room was a king room. The brown wood ceiling made the room dark.The amount and size of the furniture made it very small. The bedding looks as if may have come from Wal-Mart

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

What customer service! We awoke to find that the owner put a towel on all of the motorcycle seats parked in the parking lot so we could wipe the dew off in the morning!!! Nice touch! The facility is clean and tidy. I am pretty picky and normally stay at large chain hotels..but hey, we're in the mountains. I was pleasantly surprised. Simple, no frills, but clean and maintained-thank God. They also have two lovely areas to sit and eat...one on the upper level above the office, and one by the pool under a pergola. Both with updated patio furniture. The poolside pergola had a bar-b-q where we could go into town and pick up food to cook. It's family operated and they were super nice, helpful, and accommodating. It's a little older, but you can see that small updates are being made here and there. I will stay here again because of the nice family running it, the cleanliness, and the thoughtfulness for bikers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nitzita
Minters Chapel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is an older, locally owned property - which I typically prefer over chain/franchise properties. The fixtures and furnishings have not been upated but everything seemed to be well maintained and in working order. A/C, fridge and tv all worked fine. There is also wifi, and due to the location atop a ridge, cell service is available. The grounds are very well kept and planted with many blooming shrubs and vines. There is an actual grass lawn in front of the rooms and cafe tables lining the walkway. It is very pleasant to sit outside in the evenings and watch the sunset from the elevated deck. The pool area is well kept and was in use everyday I stayed. There is also a patio/sitting area with a fire pit and grill. The owners are very gracious and helpful and even place towels on the seat of your motorcycle every evening. This motel is in a quiet neighborhood several hundred feet above the noise of the downtown area, which also has several locally owned offerings.

Room Tip: There are 30 rooms, all face the greenspace. The second floor rooms have a better sunrise view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Archer O
Newton, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Was surprised to find a pet friendly place close to town. Pet fee was very low! walk. The Quiet street was good for walking dogs. No Noise from town to hear. Family owned place. Couple Very nice & helpful. Place is dated. But, they are updating. Room was clean. Clean pool. Lot of outside place to sit, fire pit. Very well lite at night. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Opal W
Almond, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I didn't even make it past the phone call to inquire about rates for the campground. Which I wouldn't have had to do if they had any information posted on their website. There are two numbers posted, one for the hotel and one for the campground. Naturally, I called the one for the campground. Before I could even ask a question, I was interrupted and informed to call some random guy's cell phone number who apparently manages the campground. I then called the cell phone number. The man answered with something unintelligible. After asking for the man by name, he responded again with something unintelligible. I repeated myself only to be mocked with a sing song answer that I finally understood. Unfortunately I was so annoyed that I hung up. There a lot of nice places to stay in Bryson City. I won't be wasting my time again with this one.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Beth C
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

After taking a trip to Harrah's in Cherokee, I stayed in this hotel for one night because it is very close to the casino and inexpensive. It was clean and a good value. No frills but it gets the job done. The only negative is that the walls are paper thin and my neighbors were quite loud. The biggest positive was the woman in reception and what she did for me, because this is truly unbelievable. Upon arriving at the hotel, I took off a very expensive ring that my mother had given me to wash my hands. It must have ended up under a towel by the bathroom sink because I checked out of the hotel the next morning without it. I stopped at the McDonalds down the road on my way out of town to grab a coffee and, within minutes, she tracked down my number from the online reservation to tell me to come back and get my ring. Let me say this...this is a diamond ring of great monetary value. I was dumbfounded by her honesty. She could have kept or sold the ring and I probably never would have even remembered where I left it. This reason alone is enough to make me want to book with her again on my next trip to Cherokee. She is kind and helpful in every way and truly wants you to have a good experience at her motel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank poorfox
Pulaski, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

At one of the main intersections in town, there will be a flashing sign for Ridgetop Motel. It says, "clean rooms, new furniture, free wi-fi".

The furniture in my room was old and worn out, the free wi-fi only worked half the time, and it was slow.

"Clean Rooms". They didn't do room service at my room. How clean is that?

Not fixing up a guest's room is a pretty shabby way to treat a guest and tells you the owner isn't too concerned about your room being clean. I don't mind simple rooms, but they need to be clean, and the owner needs to have enough respect towards me to provide daily room service.

Kind of third world treatment. When you see that bright flashing Ridgetop sign, don't pay any attention to it. It's a trick.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Great Smokies Inn
Great Smokies Inn
#15 of 28 in Cherokee
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cherokee

Been to Ridge Top Motel & Campground? Share your experiences!