“Awesome cupcake”

La Dolce Vita Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Bryson City
Description: New business, just opened up last week in the place of the old Bryson City Bakery that was in the building last year.
WIlson NC
“Awesome cupcake”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Quaint lil bakery with delicious goodies! We stopped here before riding the train, then again after! ;) It was good enough for a second trip!

Visited July 2013
Gianna C, Owner at La Dolce Vita Bakery, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thanks so much for visiting (twice)! We hope you stop by next time you are in Bryson City!!

Orlando, Florida
“Bland and Overpriced Bakery Treats along with Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We visit NC and Bryson City a few times a year and we usually stay in a cabin for 5 - 8 days. We visited this bakery during our 2 and a half week trip to NC in April and we ordered $33.00 worth of bakery treats and specialty coffee drinks. We ordered inside and sat at a table outside, and when we were ready to leave, I asked the owner if I could use her bathroom. She told me that I could not (Their restroom was not for customers, apparently), and she sent me to a restroom that was next to the railroad station. This restroom facility was closed and one of the people who worked at the train station felt so badly for me, as he didn't have the key to open it. I had to drive to a Shell Service Station and use their facilities. Why would any bakery or restaurant that serves people food and beverages not allow their patrons to use their restrooms? I'm still shocked about this and we will not be back again. The food and coffee drinks are also bland and overpriced and not worth the price you pay for them. Try the Cork and Bean a few blocks away and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
Gianna C, Owner at La Dolce Vita Bakery, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I am sorry that our lack of public restroom so drastically affected your bakery experience. We are located in a 90 year old building and our staff only restroom is located in a tiny room on the other side of the kitchen. We are not allowed to open it to the public. I am not sure why the town public restroom was closed. They are usually open. I am sorry, but I have no control of this.
Vero Beach, Florida
“Delicious cookies but disappointing gelato!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We had cookies and gelato at La Dolce Vita. The chocolate chip cookies were big, crispy on the outside and loaded with chocolatey chip goodness. They are a winner! However, the Strawberry White Chocolate gelato was disappointing. I didn't taste much strawberry and the texture of the gelato was grainy, rather than smooth and creamy. Overall, We'll go back for the bakery items, but we'll pass on the gelato.

1 Thank cmpvb
Gianna C, Owner at La Dolce Vita Bakery, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thanks so much for coming in, I am glad you enjoyed your cookies. We make the gelato, in house, with fresh local strawberries. The strawberry white chocolate gelato is one of our best sellers. We do offer free samples of any gelatos prior to purchase so be sure to ask for a sample next time so that you get what you are looking for...thanks and see you soon!
Louisville, Kentucky
“What a delight!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This delightful bakery offers indoor and outdoor seating - that is if you can drag yourself away from the counter! The cupcakes are works of art which made choosing just one that much harder. I went with the triple chocolate cupcake. Yum-o. All the cupcakes are regular size - not the giant size you typically see - and priced reasonably. Along with the cupcake I tried the hazelnut vanilla gelato while my husband tried the salted caramel - both were excellent.

Visited April 2014
Gianna C, Owner at La Dolce Vita Bakery, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thanks so much for coming it! I am so glad you loved our little bakery. See you again!
Danvers,IL
“Delicious cupcakes”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The cupcakes were delicious. Very flavorful. We tried Triple Chocolate, Peanut Butter Chocolate, Oreo and Dark Chocolate with White chocolate chips.

• Visited March 2014
Gianna C, Owner at La Dolce Vita Bakery, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thanks so much for coming in! It looks like you tried all of my favorite cupcakes! I am glad that you enjoyed them and we hope to see you again!