“Make sure you're HUNGRY!! Very nice owners and great food-- HUGE portions”
Review of FryDay's - CLOSED

FryDay's
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: FryDay's has a lite British Theme serving Traditional English Fish & Chips & a lot more.Come & enjoy our Hand Beer Battered Cod & Chips, Burgers, Dogs & Sandwiches From Across The Pond. Our Gyro Meat Platter with Chili Sauce is to die for, a Favorite Back Home.With Inside & Outside Seating in the Heat of Bryson City across from the Smokey Mountain Railroad.A Ideal Spot for Lunch Or Early Dinner.
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Our son loves fish and chips... I mentioned FryDays to him before our trip and we added it to our list of places to try. Well, we tried it and it was really good. Our son had his fish and chips and LOVED it, huge portion. I tried a bite of the fish (I don't like fish and it even tasted good to me) My husband and I both ordered the BBB. It was unbelievable... HUGE doesn't begin to describe it. I could only eat half. The owner said we couldn't leave til we finished our meal... nice people, good food, and nice outdoor seating area.
We made sure to stop by for a second meal during our trip. Our son had the fish and chips again, my husband had the roast beef (really liked it) and I had the chicken strips which was good plus the perfect portion for me.
I suggest checking out their menu online before you go... just makes good sense so you don't end up at a restaurant that doesn't have what you want. We intend to visit FryDays during our next vacation to the Bryson City area. WAY better than the chain places that serve greasy fish!

1  Thank K W

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had seen the reviews and stopped by on a day they we're closed. Came back later in the week and we were so glad we did. We both had the fish and chips. They were just as wonderful as advertised, huge portions and great flavor. Owners were super outgoing and friendly. A place not to miss. We made sure to leave a brochure in our cabin for others.We'll be back!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I don't know where the previous reviewers have eaten but this was one of the worst meals I've eaten. Another reviewer said their special, the fried cod was the best he had eaten. My meal was not even as good as Long John Sliver's or Captain D's and it was twice as expensive. The breading was leathery and served on a bed of mediocre fries. My wife had the shrimp dinner. She picked off the breading and left the fries. The only thing English about FryDay's is a small British Flag out front. Steer clear.

1  Thank dccweb
FromMeTwoU, Owner at FryDay's, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

It's always nice to here from our customers about their experience with us & how they liked our establishment & our food or not in your case. To be honest we are blown away by your 1 out 5 rating, I could have taken a krap on your plate and you could not have given us a worst rating. If only you had the courage to have mentioned that you were not happy we would have thought you were crazy but would have tried to have made things right for you, but no you choose to vent on TripAdvisor and effect peoples lively hood without regard.

I can only say that our fries are one of the most expensive on the market & the Fish & Chips accounts for around 65% of our sales. I'm glad you brought up Long John Silvers and Captain D's, we can only assume that you think fish is naturally square and fries are only supposed to be skinny chip sticks with hardly any potato in them, I think your taste buds are just used to eating low quality products and when tasting something really good they think there is something wrong with it. I'm not going to even discuss the shrimp it would be a waste of time, their great.

Tony Woodward
Owner Fryday's & Sundaes

PS. anyone who has read down this far, please don't let this pathetic attack on us sway you from a great meal and service at Fryday's & Sundaes

Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I stopped after seeing some of the reviews. I had the fish and chips, and he had the crab cake sandwich. Both of our meals were excellent, and the portions huge. The piece of fish I had was crispy and tasty. We try to visit the bryson city area every year, and this will be a regular stop!

FromMeTwoU, Owner at FryDay's, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thanks Guys, we R glad U enjoyed your time with us & we look forward to seeing U again next time U are in town. Thanks for taking the time to give us a great review.

All the best
Tony & Sharon

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Big Daddy (burger) is a must have! So are the Fish and Chips, Cheese Sticks and Gyros! The only bad thing I have to say about this place is it is making me fat because I work across the street from them!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Girl
The Daddy is good ain't it, hope things are good with U, hope to see ya soon.

Luv