Burgaw Motel
Comfort Suites(Wilmington)
US$109
US$94
ComfortSuites
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I was truly impressed with how helpful and extremely friendly the management and staff were at this motel. In additon, the managers did everything possible to make my stay a very pleasant one - seeing that I was from the UK and it was my first visit to North Carolina. The accommodation was very clean and the double rooms are spacious and especially nice. The motel is located in a quiet area of Burgaw however it is two minutes away from a beauty salon, two supermarkets, resturants, bank and launderette - just to name a few however, the stores are at least 30 minutes drive from the motel. Overall, I had a really good experience at this motel and would love to visit again some time in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Marci026
Reviewed 16 August 2009

I stayed their while looking for a home. The clerk, i.e. Manager agreed to allow my little dogs with me. I paid a 10.00 fee. The dogs were kept with me most of the time.

When I went to mail a postcard at 11:30A, he accused my dogs of tinkling or as he so crudely said "peeing" all over the bed THEY did not and he couldn't tell me which bed it was.

I had eaten a sandwich with mustard while I was in the bed and gotten yellow mustard on the bed. Yellow, dah, same color as urine.

Even though my dogs didn't mess up the room, I went out and bought carpet shampoo, deodorizer etc and the room was very neat when the maid (I gave her a $3.00 tip) came into clean the room, the night before we left.

I ask him if he wanted me to leave. It was the past the check out time and of course he didn't. Greed!,

if my dogs had caused problems why didn't he come and ask me to leave?! Sad, this man was rude, dumb and an animal hater and jerk, especially in this economy!

When I move back he will loose over a thousand dollars which I will pay another hotel while I am waiting to move into my home.

Such a sad, old, angry man.

"Why would I take time to write this if I was lying?.

[--]

Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank doxyparents
Reviewed 13 January 2009

Wow Wow Wow, So very clean and nice. It is an older motel but updated and It was a very easy and fast check-in. I loved it so much i would stay there again just to get a good nites sleep and they have wireless!!
Very Very Very CLEAN!!!!!!!
Thanks
Donna Childress

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank donchil6
Reviewed 12 December 2008

Clean place to stay, great service.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank carolinaraptor
Reviewed 28 February 2008

the burgaw motel was very clean. It is old and located in a quite "prehistoric" town, but we really enjoyed it! There are no bells and whistles at this hotel, but it was very quaint. The owners were super nice and would have bent over backwards to please us, but we never had a problem. They dont give you shampoo or toothpaste etc., only soap so you might want to pack those items. It is the only hotel in town (which if you saw this town, you would not be surprised) but is in a great location close to downtown and within walking distance from a grocery store and a couple restaurants. We really had a good time there.

Stayed: February 2008