Red Roof Inn Burlington
US$115
Travelocity
Courtyard Burlington(Burlington)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsironing boardbiscuitsrefrigerator and microwaveyoung ladyplace to sleepcoffee makerwafflesbed was comfortablenorth carolinaremotefacility
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel is the worse I have ever stayed in. It is dirty, flithy and nasty. Found "BUGS IN BED" staff said they are not "BED BUGS"...I called Health Dept anyway. The halllways stink awful. The whole building is in need of repair. Hotel staff no up to par and don't care.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn P
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have traveled to Africa six times and NEVER have I stayed in such a filthy, rundown motel. There was a PIECE of Wood holding our broken window closed instead of a lock and we were staying on the ground floor. Our room was sticky from the previous tenants- they didn't service the room for the three days we were there, when we complained to the front desk they lied to us and told us that someone had put a "do not disturb" sign on the door - which NEVER happened. This place is vile and I would sleep in my car before I spend the night there again. I can guarantee they have Never even washed the bedspreads... YUCK!

Room Tip: never, ever stay here
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This establishment was one of the worst motel we have ever stayed in. It certainly is not up to CHOICE HOTELS standards. It is located just yard away from the Interstate and could be noisy in some rooms. The entrance takes one past boarded up buildings and the parking lot is in need of major repair and cleaning. The room are large but the furnishings are outdated and in some cases filthy. My wife would not sit in the lounge chair due to the stains.One of the lamps was not working and I reported to one of the staff but nothing was done. But the real joke is the : "restaurant". The a/c was obviously not working and there were large fans moving warm air. The choices were average Choice Hotel fare except at breakfast they were out of orange juice. This place is to be avoided.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank golfer781
Reviewed 1 May 2013

1. The motel has raw sewage being discharged on the lawn around the motel. My wife took the dog for a walk and he got stuck in the sewage and my wife had to wade in to get him out. I complained and the owner Mr Patel said not my problem . The housekeeper said it's been that way for quite a while and he won't get it fixed. (I have pictures) I have called Health Dept. 2. The grounds were filthy, garbage everywhere. Trash cans not emptied for days. 3. Breakfast bar SUCKED! No OJ, no juice, had to ask for bread to make toast. Doughnuts 2-3 days old. The kitchen manager said he makes her buy only reduced price stuff. 4. Mr Patel would not let us check in before 3:00 (got there at 2:30) but while we were waiting he checked in a whole bus load of folks who came after us and would not give me a room first.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank benny v
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Just got home today from a weekend trip to Burlington. We had spent two nights at the Quality Inn. The front desk staff were professional, knowledgeable and courteous. We had a double room (nonsmoking) on the second floor. Only downside...no elevator. Huge parking lot, well-lit and it felt safe. Very close to the interstate and our room faced the interstate, but was not particularly noisy. We ran the fan on the A/C all now and it drowned out any outside noise there might have been. Room was very clean, linens fresh and clean. Bathroom was emaculate. The shower control took a bit of time to figure out, but after one trial it made since. Our toiilet constantly ran, and lucky for my friend and I we knew how to "jiggle" things so it stopped running. The front desk was informed on the way out, but it wasn't a huge problem for us. Since my friend and I usually don't care for "continental" breakfasts at hotels, we didn't visit the breakfast area, but did not know it was more than continental. The building was clean inside, a little dark in the hallways. The outside needs a facelift and the entrance is hard to find and is almost like an alley way between two buildings but nothing scary about it. The overall cleanliness of the rooms, linens, etc., impressed me the most. I'd probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Nonsmoking rooms smelled fresh and clean, recommend those.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends