“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 4 November 2008

Like the last review when we booked our trip no one had yet reviewed this hotel. We were extremely happy with the property. It was far nicer than I had imagined based on both the "stars" and also the price (I paid $52 per night before tax).

We were visitng Elon University> I would highly recommend this hotel Especially if you are just looking for a place to sleep.

The pool area looked very nice.

Also to note, there was a microwave and small fridge in the room. We did not need this amenity BUT it was not listed on any of the web sites that I saw.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!!

• Liked — Cleanliness, convenience, price
  • Disliked — not the nicest looking area, turn by a goodwill to get in and out
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
United States
Reviewed 21 October 2008

We booked a 2* on Priceline in Burlington, NC and ended up with this Quality Inn. We were a little nervous bcs nobody had rated this property yet. We were actually pleasantly surprised. The lobby area was very large and nicely appointed. The breakfast was far better than average... eggs, biscuits, sausage, yogurts, waffles, bagels, etc. There was a nice business area (internet/printer) available. Our room was average. A little tired, but overall clean.

The biggest downside to this hotel is its location. The exit is a little on the shabby side. Pretty much gas stations and fast food places. The exit prior and the next exit (141 and 147 I believe) had lots of good restaurants. After a long day of traveling, having a place to eat and relax is important to us.

If you get this hotel via Priceline at a good price, I think you'll find it adequate. Wouldn't go out of our way to stay there, however.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
nc
Reviewed 3 August 2007

Avoid room 105!
I switched to this room to try to pick up a wireless signal (Room 156 had none) and woke up this morning to bedbug bites all over me.
Busy dealing with getting all my clothes and fabric bags that were in the room into sealed plastic bags now, so I missed breakfast, I heard it was good.
Hopefully the critters won't make it home with me!

I guess this is what you get for a 2 star 41 dollars (with tax 52) bid on priceline. Since it's priceline I guess I don't have an option to complain, I mean I certainly don't want a 2nd night for free here!

Staff here was very nice and the room was nice enough looking and very large.
Hotel is next to the highway so there's a constant truck noise if you don't have the room fan on- especially in the wing nearest to the highway.
Nice courtyard with small pool.
AC is draining directly to the floor so there's a mold smell and the corner is wet.

I have stayed at far worse hotels and I know that bedbugs are difficult to iradicate but I'm still pretty disgusted.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank casiokey

Travellers are raving about these Burlington hotels

orlando, florida
Reviewed 1 August 2007

Garbage from prior guests, mold on shower curtain, not enough linens, not enough staff, and on and on. We stayed at La Quinta for our family reunion and from the minute we checked in, we had problems. Checking in took over one hour (finding the entrance is tricky...you go thru the waffle house parking lot), next...no elevator to get our luggage up and down the stairs, then our room was dirty and we didn't have enough linens. We had to go to the front desk to get more linens, however, since there was only 1 person on staff in the entire hotel, we waited almost one hour. Found popcorn and a discarded camera box under the desk, not to mention the poor customer service the entire weekend. The front desk person checking us in was very nice, but needed more staff for the volume of customers checking in and, at minimum, needed someone on the janitorial staff or housekeeping avaiable.

Stay at another hotel. There are a number of options in the area. It is a great place to visit and central to a number of NC vacation spots. Definitely go to High Point to shop for furniture and the Outer Banks is a must while in NC. Charlotte is a beautiful city, along with Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. We plan to visit Winston Salem in '09. My family travels often so we have experienced the best and the worst...this is definitely one of our worst experiences.

• Liked — Right off interstate
  • Disliked — Room was not clean
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank skmccall2
Great White Nowhere
Reviewed 28 July 2007

After a horrid and exhausting experience with a nearby hotel, we left three days early and ckecked into the LaQuinta. I have to say what a refreshing change compared to our previous experience. The staff was wonderful and very accomidating. If you happen to run into Travis at the front desk you will find a very helpful and delightful young man who goes above and beyond the call of duty to make you happy.

The only complaint I have is there is a very noticable problem with mould in the bathroom and I did have to get moved as my daughter has alergies but my concerns were handled with a very prompt and courtious mannor.

Thanks for saving our trip!!!

• Liked — Staff were wonderful
  • Disliked — nothing that can't be worked out.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
U.S.
Reviewed 10 July 2007

I had something stolen from my room while staying here. I spoke with someone at the front desk, they said I'd have to speak with a manager. Due to my work schedule and when I checked out of the hotel, I was never able to speak to the manager in person. When I spoke to her on the phone she said they had already questioned housekeeping. She told me what housekeeping said about it and I know they lied by the story they came up with to the manager! They offered no compensation, no solution, no anything!!!!!!

Just stay elsewhere.

• Disliked — HOUSEKEEPING STOLE FROM ME! MANAGEMENT DID NOTHING ABOUT IT!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank gritsandsweettea
Maryland
Reviewed 29 May 2007

What a beautiful property! Fair price $99.00+tax for a large jacuzzi suite with 2 rooms. Nice business center available for checking emails. Smaller pool outside, but it is not heated. Great breakfast included in the morning. Close to area dining and outlet mall. If you are in the area, this IS the place to stay! :)

• Liked — Room!
  • Disliked — Was difficult to get bedding for pull-out sofa. Otherwise everything was perfect!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family