“Clean and courteous”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
“Clean and courteous”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Returned for my second stay here as I have a large customer in the area that will require annual visits going forward. Marriott is not my normal brand of choice as I am a hilton loyalist, but in this trip, my colleague prefers marriott and the location is great.

Nice size rooms, good sipped on the wifi, and overall cleanliness make this an ideal fit. I am not a huge fan of the beds here as they seem closer to memory foam than I like, but the rates are low, the staff is great, and the property is near many places to eat and has easy expressway access. I will likely return next year again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Stay here frequently. Wish they would include a breakfast for the price as the other hotels in the area do. Staff is always very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are comfortable, clean and a good size. Hotel is quiet and updated. Beds are nice. Good location. No matter if the hotel is crowded it is always quiet.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Katie D, Director of Sales at Courtyard Burlington, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
We would like to thank you for staying at The Burlington Courtyard and sending us your valuable comments. It is always gratifying to receive positive feedback and yours will be shared with the staff, whom I am certain will be encouraged with your remarks.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon, as we look forward to being of service.

Thanks again for having shared your experience with us-

Katie
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at the Courtyard in Burlington ahead of Graduation at UNC last weekend. Stay was very good, from first impression to check out!

I was greeted by a very friendly & efficient member of staff who was very polite and helpful.

The reception area is very modern and attractive (although the lighting was a little dim) as were the other common areas (hallways, elevators etc.).

My room was on the 4th floor (407). Well away from the elevators and on the highway side of the hotel. I was a little worried that the road noise would be a problem - but it wasn't.

Room had a pull out desk, great size TV, funky kidney shaped couch and looked like it had been decorated relatively recently. I particularly liked that the bedspread was white - it's kind of reassuring as there's no hiding stains on a white bedspread!

The king bed was super comfortable. It slept like mine at home. Pillows were good too.
Shower was very good. Bathroom was clean & had everything I needed.

Nothing disturbed me in the room. I heard absolutely no sound from other rooms (there was no-one above me) or from the corridor.

The only reason the hotel gets only 4 stars from me was the parking. As a solo female traveler I would have preferred to park closer to the main entrance but had to park in back when I returned to the hotel late in the evening. The side entrance which was closest to my parking spot wasn't very well lit.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces the highway - might be best for light sleepers to choose the other side.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
MD
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My parents and I spent last weekend here so that we could visit my daughter at Elon so location was important. We have stayed at almost all the other local hotels and this one by far surpasses the others in terms of cleanliness, ambiance, and friendliness of hotel staff. The rooms are very spacious, super clean, and nicely decorated. The beds are very comfy as well!

Aside from the aesthetics, the hotel staff was beyond friendly and from the minute we walked in, we felt very welcomed. We requested additional chairs for our balcony (yes, some rooms actually have nice little balconies!) and the maintenance guy who delivered them was very personable and appeared as though he truly enjoyed his job and meeting new people. The crown jewel is Rashelle who has got to be one of the funniest people I’ve ever met! Please tell her "the bellboy" and his family says hi! :o) Upon checking out on Sunday, I booked another reservation for August when we move our daughter back to Elon. Love this place!!

Room Tip: The hotel is conveniently located right off the highway so some road noise is expected. The rooms o...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel has been updated and freshened lately....very comfortable....strange location behind Hooters.....rooms facing away from the main road much quieter.
While rooms have been updated, bathrooms, while fine, are a little older.

Room Tip: Facing away from the road
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Best place to stay in Burlington. Rashelle is one of the nicest, most helpful hotel workers we have ever come across! Hotel is close proximity to shopping, restaurants, and Elon. Clean rooms, nice lobby, and fitness center.

Room Tip: Friendly staff and great location
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Katie D, Director of Sales at Courtyard Burlington, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for your positive words about your stay at The Burlington Courtyard. It is always refreshing to hear such kind words about your staff when you already know they are the best. Our goal is complete guest satisfaction and I am pleased we achieved that goal.

We look forward to your return and if we can do anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Safe travels!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The young lady named Ren who works at the front desk gave us the warmest, nicest welcome ever. She was always cheery and gave us excellent directions.
The freeway noise was a bit of a problem, however the friendly quality of the hotel staff made up for it

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Katie D, Director of Sales at Courtyard Burlington, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Burlington Courtyard.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction, and I am pleased we met your expectations. Our goal is to address all concerns so that we can ensure you and others have an exceptional experience on the next visit.

If I may be of assistance now, or in the future as you make your return plans to the property, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Happy travels!