Holiday Inn Express Burlington
Drury Inn & Suites Burlington(Burlington)
US$115
Hotels.com
US$65
US$85
US$60
All reviewsstayed hereelon universitynice hotelroom was cleanpancake machinenice staffhot and cold itemsbreakfast areadefinitely stay here againshower caplate checkoutprice was reasonableoutback restaurantindoor poolconvenient locationother hotelsan older hotel
Reviewed 14 April 2012

As other posters said, it's obvious that this was an older hotel which has been renovated, but overall, they did a very nice job. Our room was clean, beds were comfortable, internet service was good, and the flat screen tv was nice. The hotel is located in a very commercial area with many well-known restaurants and shopping destinations nearby (some within walking distance). Our check-in and check-out were quick and hassle-free. The only minor disappointment we experienced was that the water pressure in the shower was very low -- both in the evening and the following morning. Still, with everything else being extremely nice for the price, we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolina_Nikki
C P C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you for your comment. I will certainly share them with the staff. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and we use the feedback we receive as fuel for improvements. We will continue to work hard to provide first class service and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Craig Chattmon

Reviewed 5 April 2012

GREAT place. I've been to places more expensive that weren't as nice. It was either new or freshly remodeled, and they did a great job. Very nice towels, beds, counters, etc. Staff was very friendly. Full hot breakfast included, along with workout room, free wi-fi, and INDOOR pool, which we had to ourselves. This great location is just out of town far enough to not be busy, but has plenty of restaraunts and stores close-by for whatever you may need.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, request a room away from the pool, as the sound tends to carry quite a bit.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rc5695
Reviewed 24 March 2012

The poor lady at the front desk was overwhelmed. She kept trying to over compensate to placate everyone in line, just making check-in for each person take that much longer. A second employee was needed-badly.
After waiting at least 10 minutes to check in, we went to our room and everything was perfect. The executive king room was large, clean and nicely decorated. Nice mattress and nice bathroom amenities. Breakfast was good.

My husband and I stayed in 3 motels northbound and southbound on a vacation in FL. Burlington was the only city where we encountered rude, impatient people. What happened to southern charm?

Room Tip: Don't eat at the nearby seafood restaurant-bad service, bad food
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue in reho K
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The staff is very friendly, however not very trained. I was asked for my Credit Card for Inexpenses (movies and etc) and was charged for my hotel stay. The area manager was even walking there trainee through the process and said i would not be charged. Yet, i was charged twice for 1 night and had to wait 5 days to repost, when all he had to do was acknowledge i was due a refund to my credit card company. Instead, he told me to wait. Very disrespectful and inconvenient. The breakfast options are good, but if you get there around 8 or 830, the food is cold due to its just sitting in a glass container with no heat. The rooms are very comfortable, i stayed in the King suite, very good hotel room compared to Hampton and there prices are very reasonable. Besides the food and my over charge to my credit card due to lack of training, i was satisfied. Great location with alot of places within 10miles or less.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear BurntUp,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to leave a review. I am happy you enjoyed our facilities. I am sorry about the problems encountered with the billing on your credit card. I'm glad to hear it was resolved.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I travel all over the US for business and I am in hotels 40 weeks out of 52. I have stayed in many different hotels on many different price levels. With this being said I would like to say this hotel is by far the best I have ever stayed in. For starters the staff was the most helpful and willing to please. The rooms are brand new!!! I was able to get the best sleep I have had in months. The exercise room was by far the largest that I have had the oppurtunity to experience. Breakfast was fresh, hot, & a great way to start the day. Oh and did I mention 2 elevators. I have stayed at the Hampton, Courtyard, Country Inn & Best Western on this exit. The others were ok with the exception of the mold at Best Western. But if you come to the Burlington area make sure you stay at the Holiday Inn Express exit 141.

Room Tip: The spacious King Room makes you feel right at home.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business