“Good Hotel for Overnight Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Burlington
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
COLUMBIA
“Good Hotel for Overnight Stay”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Arrived after long day and was greeted by a very pleasant woman (who was working a double and only worked here as a second job). You could tell she was tired but this did not affect her ability to do a wonderful job getting us a room. Getting to the hotel is a bit difficult as it is not directly on the exit road.
Hotel is average for Holiday Inn Express (which is pretty good for lodging on the road). Room was clean and bed was ok but not great. Lots of TV stations to choose from and linens were in good shape.
Breakfast was good and well stocked. The lady who checked us in after working a double was back on to check us out after a few hours of sleep. She was still very pleasant and offered us help with check out.
Hotel was ok but the lady was wonderful and needs a raise. What a jewel she was!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Gibsonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed here for a few nights in October. Nice room and bath though alittle small. beds were comfy. breakfast was also good. my only complaint was that the wireless was horrible. you would think that a hotel who has so many business people stay at it would have better wireless. probably wont be back as i now have a house in the area but a good choice for someone who is visiting the area

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
clarksville tn
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

This was a overnight stay while visiting family. The hotel was nice and ok clean but the hotel was stinky. They had air fresheners that were overpowering in the lobby that did nothing for the old smell. We booked a queen room with my priority points and the room was nice but not a lot of space. The beds are so big, which is nice, but they could take out some of the unecessary furniture for more room. Overall, it served its purpose.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Heather M,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. We would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and may use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We routinely stay at Priorityclub sites so we have an expectation going in. This hotel was without a doubt the single nicest HIX we've ever stayed at! Checking was clean and smooth, common areas clean, and room was outstanding. Decor reminded me more of a mid-level Vegas hotel than a business traveler site. It could have been a function of being new but, regardless, it was a pleasant surprise and subsequent stay. Outstanding value!!

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Virginia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We just stayed here (for the second or third time) last weekend when we moved our daughter back into Elon University. Our room was clean with a very comfortable bed - as was the case on our previous visits. The hotel is very well located and has very reasonable room rates. We highly recommend it.

We did not take advantage of the breakfast but it looked fine.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Central New Jersey
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We just finished a tour of colleges for my daughter who will be applying for Fall 2014 admission. We used Burlington as a location because it was centrally located around the schools we wanted to visit. It had easy access from Route 40. It was very clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was perfect. Couldn't have asked for anything more.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Calistoga
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel in May during my daughter's graduation from Elon University. I booked this room over a year ago and was shocked at both the condition of the hotel and our room. I noted that when we checked in the common areas were not very clean at all. The walkways were unkempt and the carpets were very soiled. This was a red flag for me being that it was such a big Elon weekend, I would have thought the place would be sparkling! We checked into our room and it was dark, but at first glance looked ok. I did see hair in the bathroom that wasn't ours as we weren't there long enough for it to be! Since I didn't want to put a damper on our weekend I chose to stay quiet, that is until that evening and we went to bed. I got into the bed I was sharing with my young child (the beds are so small that it is uncomfortable for me and my 6ft tall husband to share). The duvet was very soiled with bodily fluids! I have a picture of this which we immediately showed to the front desk and emailed to Holiday Inn corporate. We were immediately moved into another room but couldn't help feeling creeped out by the disgusting incident. Whoever left the fluid could have been ill and my child was in the bed already! It made me feel that everything was dirty! We were told that someone would get in touch with us but no one ever did. We tried repeatedly over the weekend to speak with someone in management, we even tried talking to Holiday Inn corporate but were told we needed to speak with the hotel manager directly. No one ever apologized for the filth! I am shocked and saddened that I had to try to get in touch with someone to talk about this, yet got no response. At check out the front desk told me they took $100 off of the room for the night and that the manager was going to call me which he never did. When I got home I called Holiday Inn corporate again and was asked what I wanted. I told them that I wanted an apology first and foremost andI should at the very least have gotten the room for free as it was filthy. They reluctantly agreed to send a refund for the difference of that one night. I would have left the hotel, but since it was graduation weekend I could not get another room for miles. All in all, Holiday Inn could have cared less about what happened and I will not go back to this hotel and will think again about staying at Holiday Inns in general. Other chains like Hampton Inns have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and so should Holiday Inn. This one in particular doesn't deserve a top spot on Trip Advisor. By the way, I am still waiting for an apology!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mcnjfamily5
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burlington, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear mcnjfamily5,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We take all comments seriously and value the chance to make improvements where possible.

I am concerned to read that your stay with us was not what you expected. I humbly extend an apology for the dissatisfaction and inconvenience you had with our level of cleanliness. It is our fullest intention to fulfill and meet our guests' needs, as such, we are working very hard to provide you with the best service and amenities and we deeply regret that we fell short on our regular standards on this occasion.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. As such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements where possible. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M