“Terrible service”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Burlington (Elon)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

The lady up front was extremely rude to us, no eggs for breakfast on Sunday. They do not like kids so don't bring them, our friends will never stay their again. Our kids were treated terribly, don't try to hang out downstairs past 8:30pm because your not allowed to and your kids can't use the basketball court by themselves.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Macon, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We had a King suite for one night after visiting my son in Graham,and my sister,niece,and great niece in High Point. I had 1 complaint,which I forwarded to Country Inn management. When we arrived , the woman at the desk pleasantly checked me in,and gave me 2 room card keys. I got my wife and our bags,and we went to our second floor room,but neither card key would open the door. I left our luggage with my wife standing in the hall,while I walked back down to the desk. As i approached,she said "problems?". Yes, neither key will open room # 204 which you assigned to me. Without so much as an apology for my wasted time or effort, she simply took the cards,re-ran them, handed them back, and said"Should work now." Didn't leave me feeling warm and fuzzy as a valued guest and customer,and member of their rewards program. Otherwise, comfortable bed, quiet and clean room and bathroom, and very tasty and ample breakfast. We also liked that I could stay in the front area,and watch a NFL playoff game, and my wife was cozy in bed watching what she wanted on the bedroom TV. Nice arrangement and worth a little extra. We'll stay here again in the future to visit family.Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby,both fast food and sit-down types. Easy exit re-enter I-85/40 in either direction. Near hospital,airport. Had dinner with family at Mayflower Seafood across the Interstate---plain seafood,large helpings and reasonable prices.

Room Tip: I like a room away from the pool and elevators and on the back side away from the Interstate noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I love country inn and country inn and suites. The atmosphere here is one of the best I've seen. They had fresh cookies and apple cider in the lobby and the breakfast was great! The rooms are very big and very clean! If you have the chance make sure you stay here for sure!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Boiling Springs, SC
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a wedding 3 nights at the property. Rooms were clean and well kept. Staff was very helpful with recommendations for local businesses. Breakfast was well organized and food was kept replenished. Service was good. Different food items provided each day. Would definitely recommend

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelingfromSC
Mass
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My name is Jim and I'am from Mass, I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel on the 15-16 November,13, the staff were great, the food was alright. The hotel was very clean and I was able to wash my clothes and workout at the same time. there was a lot to do around the area restaraunts shopping etc.

Room Tip: I recommend you try this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank James G
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Got The king jacuzzi romance pkg & we enjoyed our stay 2 the fullest..totally recommend for the price/area shopping/dining etc..room was spacious & very clean..staff was very friendly & we ♥'d the champagne & jacuzzi. .highly pleased for the price

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank r68dove
Fletcher, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

The biggest thing that was upsetting is that I reserved my room by following the hotel think from here. I am a Carlson card holder and was told that nearly a weeks stay wouldn't count because I booked through a different site. Not the news you want to hear when you are spending that kind of money and staying that long. It was not up for discussion. Besides check in, the front desk staff did not speak to me the rest of the week. It's older but clean. The breakfast was great. Good location. Don't think I would stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CountrySuites, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Burlington (Elon), responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at Country Suites - Burlington. I apologize for the confusion regarding the third party booking. I will be awarding Club Carlson points for the dates held by the third party reservation. Please review your online account to confirm. Should you have additional questions or concerns please give me a call. Michael Garner - General Manager