Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Burlington (Elon)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Biggest room of our trip, which came in handy since I was sick during our visit. My family were able to watch movies and work on the computer while I slept in the bedroom. Best breakfast of our trip as well. The lady working the breakfast room on 4/2 was fabulous. The only place I saw fresh cut strawberries on our trip. Wide variety of items, enough to keep everyone pleased. Wished we stayed more than one night. Our only misstep was the pool. I did not see that it was seasonal, so my son was a bit disappointed not to get swimming. The furniture in the living room was a bit old, but I heard that they are updating the furniture this summer. Amazing value for the money. I would definitely return if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NYDub

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Clean, enormous rooms/suites are the main attraction here, but the location adjacent to the interstate and busy Huffman Road is not so great - especially if you are a light fussy sleeper - like me. Even though our room faced the back, I could hear the road all night. We were on the top floor as requested, but outside, below the window were the loud fans that run the A/C units. Too bad, because this is otherwise a very nice hotel at a reasonable rate. Breakfast was nothing great, but they did have some fresh fruit.The coffee was good. The pool was still closed in warm April, but it looked pretty small. Staff was very friendly. If you are a sound sleeper, I would recommend this property.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room that faces in back, unless you like busy roads.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is a nice property, a few miles from to Elon University (which was where we were visiting), and a stone's throw from a Walmart and a Chick-fil-A. It's not brand new, and there were a few stains on the bathroom wall, etc. But it was clean and very quiet. The big drawback was the sleeper sofa in our suite -- it was the worst I've ever seen. Springs sticking out everywhere, and the mattress even sank between the springs, exposing some at the head of the bed! This was supposed to be our 17-year-old son's bed. We talked to Rachel at the front desk about it, and she went above and beyond to resolve the situation. We were impressed that she took the initiative even though she wasn't a manager and couldn't reach one on the phone. We hope to visiting Elon and Burlington many more times in the future, and will stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We have used Country Inn and Suites in Burlington NC on several occasions and have always been pleased with their facility, location and management. Today, while snowed in for an extra day, Country Inn and Suites treated EVERYONE in the hotel to a sandwich, chips, tea and cookie from Panera Bread that was delivered to the hotel. What a class act!

Room Tip: Most, if not all, rooms are suites. Easily accessible off Route 40 in Burlington NC
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Link K
CountrySuites, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Burlington (Elon), responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for the positive feedback about the hotel and staff. It was a pleasure to host you and your family. We are happy your enjoyed the "snow day" lunch.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

8th and 9th of feb 2014. I have been in many hotels with children before. I coached a traveling little league baseball team for many years. I have never seen parents so unaware and non-caring of what their children were doing. All the parents i saw where drinking and being very loud. The children where allowed by their parents to run all around the hotel inside and outside unsupervised. The hotel staff was on top of this. The parents would not do what the staff asked much like the children. If it had been me i would have called the police on the whole group! this hotel is absolutly the most consumer friendly hotel I have ever stayed in by far. I would reccomend this hotel above all others in this town. Just keep out the soccer teams!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank eric h

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding the staff and hotel. Your comments will be shared with the staff.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

The lady up front was extremely rude to us, no eggs for breakfast on Sunday. They do not like kids so don't bring them, our friends will never stay their again. Our kids were treated terribly, don't try to hang out downstairs past 8:30pm because your not allowed to and your kids can't use the basketball court by themselves.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We had a King suite for one night after visiting my son in Graham,and my sister,niece,and great niece in High Point. I had 1 complaint,which I forwarded to Country Inn management. When we arrived , the woman at the desk pleasantly checked me in,and gave me 2 room card keys. I got my wife and our bags,and we went to our second floor room,but neither card key would open the door. I left our luggage with my wife standing in the hall,while I walked back down to the desk. As i approached,she said "problems?". Yes, neither key will open room # 204 which you assigned to me. Without so much as an apology for my wasted time or effort, she simply took the cards,re-ran them, handed them back, and said"Should work now." Didn't leave me feeling warm and fuzzy as a valued guest and customer,and member of their rewards program. Otherwise, comfortable bed, quiet and clean room and bathroom, and very tasty and ample breakfast. We also liked that I could stay in the front area,and watch a NFL playoff game, and my wife was cozy in bed watching what she wanted on the bedroom TV. Nice arrangement and worth a little extra. We'll stay here again in the future to visit family.Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby,both fast food and sit-down types. Easy exit re-enter I-85/40 in either direction. Near hospital,airport. Had dinner with family at Mayflower Seafood across the Interstate---plain seafood,large helpings and reasonable prices.

Room Tip: I like a room away from the pool and elevators and on the back side away from the Interstate noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family