“worst hotel”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
north carolina
“worst hotel”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I driven 4 hours got to my room with bags in hands and went to bathroom and there was hairs in tub.I went to front desk and told him about the room and he place cleaner on desk with towel.I had gotten tub clean and he ask he I want to move to another room.I say no I just got tub clean and did not want to clean another.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed for 2 nights while in area for business. Convenient location, economical price. Room was comfortable, bed very much so and happily had 3 full-size pillows rather than the little squares it seems many hotels have gone to. Staff nice in general, one younger guy a bit aloof but OK. Main downside for me was the breakfast. The area is small, only about 3 tables yet there is a sign up saying not to take breakfast items to the rooms. Because of there not being room for everyone in the breakfast area and the room having a microwave and refrigerator which means it must be anticipated that guests might have food in there, I still haven't figured that one out. The real problem is some of the food. The frosted flakes were obviously the cheapest kind but I could live with that. However, on getting a bagel the first morning and having it literally rock hard clear through and then the cinnamon rolls being radically stale the second morning has to make one wonder how the food is handled/managed - someone here is dropping the ball significantly and apparently just doesn't care. I would stay here again but skip the breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I would like to begin by stating that I have worked at the front desk of a hotel for two years, and therefore, am the last one to complain when staying on someone else's property. With that said, I was appalled by my stay at this hotel.

My tour partner and I checked in late in the evening on October 14th and unpacked our things. (We are on tour for two months at a time, so we have quite a bit of luggage.) She then went to start our weekly laundry in the guest laundry area. At this time I discovered that our beds were covered in short dark hair. We discovered that this was cat hair when my partner, who is very allergic to cats, began to have an allergic reaction. We alerted the front desk to the situation and were given new sheets and instructed how to "properly" make the bed while the front desk man stood in our doorway. He then brought a spray bottle for the room, which would disperse smoke smell, but not do anything for cat hair and dander. He finally allowed us to change rooms and we moved all of our things over to a new room at 1am.

Then when we went to check on the laundry I discovered that my lingerie bag and Victoria's Secret bras had been ripped to shreds by their washing machine. It should be noted that I have washed and dried these bras in machines previously within the lingerie bag with no problem. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk I was told that they were not liable.

We then spoke with the general manager, at the earliest point that our schedule would allow, and were told that:
The hair had been from a teddy bear left behind by a child (which does not explain the allergic reaction, and begs the question why the sheets were not changed between guests)
The hotel was not liable for my laundry items, and that I should have used a lingerie bag. (I showed him the one that was destroyed by their machine)
No one else was complaining and his hotel was consistently 30% - 50% full, so we must be making things up.

No compensation was offered, I had to replace my items; and the worst part was that at no point did anyone ever say that they were sorry that any of these things occurred.

*Other items of note:
There is no way to adjust refrigerator temperature, so everything is frozen
The TV volume is programmed to only go up to about 30%
At breakfast, the bread is stale and the fruit is rotten

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Christina C

Travellers are raving about these Burlington hotels