“as average as it gets. (outdated)”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Burlington
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Baltimore
“as average as it gets. (outdated)”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

the price was "ehhh ", the location was convenient and right off the highway. i would summarize the rooms ,a bit outdated . dirty shower curtains , a lingering smell ,a hole or 2 in the bed sheets.but the appliances actually worked.i didn't spend much time in the room .but there was a harley davidson shop practically out my window, this might be problem during the day is you sleep in. so just try to get a room on the non highway/harley side.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We had a small room with a comfortable Queen bed. The included breakfast was more than expected with a DIY waffle machine, yogurt and fresh fruit along with the other usual cereals, bagels, juice and coffee, etc.
This Microtel's location just off I-40 is convenient.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We officially cancelled a reservation 2 weeks before the date of arrival. We were still charged for the room and the manager would not issue a refund. He claims it was bought through a third party and the third party owes us the refund. We have statement from DISCOVER that says the charge was entered manually by the hotel and NOT A THIRD PARTY! He lied to keep our refund! But of course, we knew that!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Burlington hotels

DALLAS
Reviewed 15 May 2013

2nd time visiting NC but the first time in Burlington. Got in late and was just looking for a descent place to lay my head. I was told by a riendcrotel was a good place and the reviews weren't half bad. Well I always like to look at the rooms before I stayin them. I asked the clerk could I look at the room and he told me no. First he said he didn't have one close by and then stated they don't allow people to do that because people tend to go into the rooms and mess them up and not get the room. That should have been a deal breaker at that point but I decided to go ahead and get a room. It was past 12 at night and I was tired. He assured me that the room was up to par. We got into the room, which was about 4 doors down from the front desk, and it smelled bad. Like old carpet. Room was clean and very small but again it smelled. We burned some candles so that helped alot. Next morning, I went to the clerk to ask for some extra face towels. This fool asked me were there not any towels in my room, like he really didn't want to give them to me or like I'm not suppose have extra towels. I said yes but I would like extra please. He gave them to me of course but I just thought that was rude of him. Next, we knew check out time was at 11:00. The front desk started calling me at 8:30 to let me know to check out. Then called again at 10:00 and next time right at 11:00. We walked out of the room at 11:10 and the cleaning lady was standing at the door waiting for us to leave and the clerk was walking down the hall to my room. She stated I just called you check out is at 11. I told her I know that. I have never been to a hotel/motel and have this type of expierence. Where they are actually pushing the customer out the door. Very rude and very unprofessional and I will not EVER return to this place and I will make sure I tell whomever is thinking about staying at this place to think twice.

Room Tip: If a clerk tells you, you can't look at the room before you purchase, then go somewhere else. If...