“Average stay and disappointed because I expected more”

Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Average stay and disappointed because I expected more”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Considering the price that we paid for this 2 night stay, I'm very disappointed. I like Hampton in, they are clean and the breakfast is always a treat much better than what you'd get anywhere else. The problem with my stay was there was no refrigerator, but there was a jet engine that disrupted my sleep (ac unit), and the room was so bright in the morning it felt as if there was someone shining a flashlight in my eyes as I slept in the morning, so much for sleeping in(despite me having to fight with the shades to get them to close in the first place). Not my first stay in a Hampton so I expected more.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
HISBurlington, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
We apologize for any inconviences that occured at our property. We do offer rooms with refrigerators and microwaves and would have been happy to accomdiate you to one of these rooms. Next time feel free to call down to the front desk and our staff will be happy to assist you in any way possible.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
williamstown.ma
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I usually don't review chain hotels as they tend to be similar. This Inn stood out as much better than the run of Hampton inns. The rooms were nice and clean with comfortable beds. Breakfast was better than average. Prices are somewhat higher than usual.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you had a wonderful experience at our property and look forward to your return in the future.
Pinehurst, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Room is standard Hampton except had no refrigerator, good clean room, internet, good breakfast. Easy to find motel off I85/40, good parking, well lit. Located next to a noisy truck yard. Annoying high pitched whine emanated early in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for posting your feedback. We do offer rooms with refrigerator and microwaves. Please feel free on your next visit to us and enjoy one of these particular rooms.
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Once located, this Hampton Inn is clearly not your average Hampton Inn and Suites. It stands heads above others from the Triad to the Triangle. I had requested a higher floor on a weekend when I knew there was a college football game and thought lower floors might be noisy. My request was honored and the entire floor was quiet--no noise during my two-day stay despite a busy interstate nearby and a much traveled road into Burlington's mall areas. I had a king suite as I knew I would be working with a colleague and we needed ample room for discussion, writing, and generating reports. Wifi is fast and the multiple electrical outlets and chargers are appropriately placed for easy access. Comfortable seating at an ergonomically designed desk chair and the love seat was equally comfortable.
I especially liked the layout of the sleeping and bath area away from the refrigerator and bar sink. Nice large closet for a long weekend as well.
Finally, I especially liked not literally bumping into folks at a congested area at breakfast which I often encounter in other hotels. A seasoned traveller must have had input into the layout and traffic flow! I observed multiple travelers preparing coffee at the same time, and no standing around for a toaster or a waffle. The breakfast eating area was large, with strategically located trash cans. Appearing out of nowhere, a staff person whisked away the refuse with a smile and offer to take it away. I never saw a dirty table despite the fact that the hotel was at full capacity both days. It is also located next door to an Outback Steakhouse which comes in handy. I liked this hotel so much that I decided to make a reservation when I return home; however it was already booked. Not surprising. One last comment: the hotel is cognizant of the need for an effective plan in case of an emergency. I noted loudspeakers mounted in the hallways in order to quickly reach travelers, should the need arise. Very impressive in light of the current events across our country and abroad. And on the evening before, guests were also notified that emergency equipment would be tested the following day, with times indicated. I travel about 2-3 times per month and have never observed the obvious planning in other hotels. Ironically, in the same area about a month before, a fire alarm sounded at 1am and very few people heeded the warning. Somehow, here I think it would be. Kudos to this management and its team of employees.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Hiwassee
Thank you for posting your feedback. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of all of our amenities during your stay. We are also pleased that you had such a remarkable time at our property. We look forward to your return if you are in the area again. Thanks again.
Burlington, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was a nice property that is very close to I-40 and very comfortable accommodations. I was greeted as HHonors Diamond member and they checked me very quickly. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Didn't even need to drive to dinner as there was an Outback Steakhouse within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for posting your feedback. We are glad that you had a great experience at our property.
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We had a business trip to Burlington and spent the night at the Hampton. The beds are awesome and the towels nice and fluffy! The complimentary breakfast was delicious. They had several types of eggs, waffles, cereal, English Muffins, bagels, yogurt, juices.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for posting your feedback. We are glad that you had a wonderful experience at our property.