“I Felt They Were a Step Down”

Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Richmond, Virginia
“I Felt They Were a Step Down”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I stayed a couple of nights at the Hampton Inn in Burlington, NC. I normally stay in Eden NC but this time we had some business in the Burlington area so we stayed here. We reserved a King room and we were not disappointed in the room size and sleeping comfort of the Burlington Hampton Inn nor in the towels, linens and available bathroom supplies. But when we compared the same room at Eden that is where we ended up thinking we took a step down. In Eden they have a tub and shower at Burlington only a shower. (It does not matter how big the tub or shower is, it is existance.) Eden supplies a mini refridge and a small micro wave in their king rooms, neither at Burlington in their king rooms. Burlington supplied a vile of mouthwash Eden does not supply mouthwash. Burlington shampoo and conditioner viles are very small and if both guests use them they will run out. Eden supplies larger containers. Wifi is free at both hotels. Both have complimentary breakfast, but Burlington's breakfast is more extensive. Both supply cookies in the evening, and both have a exercise room and small pool. Burlington has more conference areas and more rooms. One more added touch, Eden invites the local police to the complimentary breakfast and in turn the police tend to be around the property some during the day and night, just to drive by. (Just a feel good thing.) Per night Price at Eden Nov. 2013 $126.33; Price at Burlington Jun. 2014 $141.58.

So here we have the rating. I am a push over and it is easy for me to put down an excellent rating. But, at Eden NC Hampton Inn I give them an Above Average. So, Burlington could do better and try not to squeeze out every little profit item. I have to give Burlington an Average.

I am not affliiated with any of the Hilton Companies or with any of the management or with any of the employees at either hotel.

Room Tip: If you select a double room you will have a tub shower combo.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Fairbanks
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Very pleasant stay with a friendly, helpful staff, especially the front desk; but, even the housekeeping staff went out of their way to exchange greetings. Coffee/tea always available in the lobby was a welcome pleasure when returning. Pool was clean, comfortable temperature.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We booked five rooms for my daughter's college graduation. We stayed at the Hampton Inn almost exclusively over four years that my daughter attended Elon. We were told at check in that we could get Hilton Honors points for up to tens room. I said to the person at the desk are you sure I thought it was only two rooms. She assured us it was ten rooms, I thought great five rooms earning points. My husband has spent more nights at Hilton's this year than at home. I said if it's only two rooms I will change the reservation name on three of the rooms and have my sons pay for their own rooms. She said I am positive you will get your points for all five rooms.
Guess what, points for only two rooms, I was furious. I called HH and told them what happened and they said I was given incorrect information by the people working at the front desk. I said ok I will give you my son's HH numbers so they get the points, I was told they couldn't do that because I paid for the rooms. I booked each of the five rooms for three nights for over $200.00 per night and you can't help me? I was told that I needed to speak to the manager, any correction would have to be made on the hotels end. I have left a message for Pinky, the hotel manager four times in the last three weeks and she has not given me the courtesy of a return call. I feel sad that after a four year relationship with this specific hotel they don't really care about a loyal Hilton customer. Sad!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Janice D
Lumberton, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to stay at the Hampton Inn during his weekend softball tournament in Burlington, NC. Many of the team members stayed at another hotel, but after reading reviews and ratings, we chose the Hampton and I am so glad we did! From the minute we walked in, the service staff was excellent and inviting! Our room was clean, all appliances and hardware worked efficiently, and we had no issues during our stay. Many of the softball team members were jealous and said they wish they would have booked with Hampton. We will definitely be staying here again when we come back up to Burlington or surrounding areas! It is definitely one of the nicest and staff-friendly hotels we have ever experienced.

Gibsonville, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel was very clean. Staff friendly and knowledgeable. Check in could have been a little quicker but overall a good valve. Room was very clean, bed excellent technology was state of the art. Hotel appearance very very nice, very clean. Pool area clean and nice

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a quick trip out of town and as Hilton Honors members we try to locate a member of the Hilton chain. Our stay, though short, was wonderful from check-in to check-out. Stephanie checked us in with a smile and an upgraded King Suite. We are silver members and that is usually reserved for gold and above, but there was availability so she offered it to us. The nicest part was that we did not even ask for the upgrade. We had room 403 which was a higher floor as requested and far away from the elevator, again requested. Yes, the view was of the parking lot, but from the sofa and bed you just saw tree tops. You don't stay in Burlington expecting a view of the ocean or the mountains. Everything from the lobby, to the breakfast room, to the suite itself looked newly renovated and was spotless. The staff was superior. Stephanie called after we had time to settle in to see if everything was ok and helped with an internet log-on issue. Every member of the staff said hello and asked if there was anything we needed. The bed was very comfortable, as was the rest of the furniture. The room was very spacious and quite. Breakfast was excellent! The oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies they put out in the evening are to die for. My only regret is that we only stayed one night. But, we will be back!!!

Room Tip: Higher floor will have you looking at tree tops, not the parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Burlington, NC, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The stay was wonderful. All the staff were so very accommodating. Needing an accessible room, there was nothing more I could ask for. It was simply wonderful. The room and entire hotel was immaculate. Definitely would recommend this Hotel to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HISBurlington, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
We do strive to make every guest stay enjoyable and with great customer service, we hope to see you again and thanks for choosing The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton.

Stephanie W.