“Okay, only for budget and location reasons”

Corporate Suites of Burlington
Corporate Suites of Burlington
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Okay, only for budget and location reasons”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Needed to spend two weeks here on business and wanted a low cost option that was clean and located in a safe area. Didn't need any frills. After spending a day on a previous trip to locate an extended stay hotel that met these criteria the ones found were in unsafe-looking areas, had musty smells, or too expensive (nearly $100 per night).
So, after doing additional research on-line just prior to the trip I finally decided to give Corp Suites of Burlington a chance. The ratings were mixed, but enough high ones to give me hope.

First with the good; a nice couple runs the place who were always willing to try to respond to my needs. My room had no odors, and everything worked. There was a full refrigerator and freezer, microwave and stove/oven. They had high speed internet and wifi (although the wifi signal was quite low, sometimes locked up, and one night didn't work until I called and they rebooted it). The location was perfect for my needs; others were 25-30 minutes away. The bedding and towels were clean.

Now with the bad; Yes, everything worked. But the tv's were old tube style, and the '2' button didn't work on one. Since it was "extended stay" I had called ahead to make sure they supplied some plates/silverware/glassware, etc and was told, "they could do that". What I received was one plate, one small bowl, one glass, one cup, one small pot, and one fork, spoon and knive. I had requested an iron and board; I got it but the iron and board cover were so grimy I bought some wipes to clean the iron. There were 3-4 cheap, bent wire hangers in the closet, so when I went shopping for groceries I grabbed 10 cheap plastic hangers for $1 (and left them there). I tried to bake a pizza in the oven, but the oven was so dirty it smoked setting off the smoke alarm. The bed and pillows were very firm - not horrible, but lower quality compared to most hotels. And, the carpeting in the entire room, while it didn't smell, needed a good hard cleaning.

In summary, I'm trying to be fair. And, compared to some of the other similarly-priced places nearby, "you get what you pay for". But, if I need to stay in the area again, and considering that I could probably get by with just a microwave, I would probably research a standard hotel (not extended stay) with a small refrigerator or choose a resonably priced extended stay closer to the airport, even though the morning/evening commute would be 20 minutes longer.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank BayBoater

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I travel a lot on business so need to save where I can ...but I'm picky about quality. I spent the first few days at Hampton and shifted to Holiday Inn for 2 nights - rates were slightly cheaper. Found this hotel behind Hampton so I stopped by and got to check out the room before I purchased. Had to stay 2 weeks longer so ended up saving roughly $900 during that two week period over what I was paying at the other places. Huge difference and the quality is good. See for yourself.

Room Tip: See it for yourself. Cost/size of rooms/cleanliness/convenience = good value.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank SalesPrep1
Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Room was very clean and very spacious. Property looks new. Well maintained I must say. Been staying here for 3 weeks consulting for Labcorp. Good point for travelers to know is LOTS of great restaurants and shopping (including high end stores) in the area.

Room Tip: Go with the Suite - much larger with a separate bedroom.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Lynn A
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Filthy - nasty! I stayed for three weeks due to business. I stayed because it had a kitchen, but to my surprise - no dishes, no silverware, no glasses, nothing. after checking in, I got the "speech" about what I can and can't do. I was told that she would not clean my room up except once a week. had to take my own trash down to the dumpster. I got one towel and one roll of toilet paper to last me the entire week. When I asked why I didn't get a clean towel when she cleaned my room, she told me that there was a stain on my towel and that I could wash it and use it again. what? this is a hotel. I'm not suppose to supply my own toilet paper and wash my own towels. oh yeah, when my wife and children came to visit one weekend. I was told that I had to pay an extra $10.00 per person. I had already paid for my room. how can she tell me that I can't have my family visit without paying an extra charge. my wife and children had already traveled for hours so I had no choice but to pay or checkout. this is a heads up to the rest of you. If you plan on staying there, be prepared to pay extra for each guest that joins you. I travel a lot and never had management monitor my guest and my every move. this place is a joke. by the way, I checked out the next day and stayed at the Hampton Inn, which was a mouch better stay! DON'T STAY HERE! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank Mary A
mycorporatesuites, General Manager at Corporate Suites of Burlington, responded to this review, 6 November 2011
We feel disheartened by this posting because we feel it is inaccurate and unsubstantiated. We welcome Guests who understand our primary goal is to perserve a quiet, comfortable, and safe environment for them while seeking a balance between good quality and good value. We have an extremely high rate of repeat business customers that gives us confidence in the quality of service we deliver.

Several clarifications are required for this posting:
- We have the highest sanitary score from the local Heath Department (Ceriticate is visibly posted in our office).
- We partner with Alsco (the largest linen management company) to provide high quality linens/towels. We are extremely happy with Alsco quality but should a Guest share any concern, we would make it right.
- We provide daily housekeeping service for Guests who select daily rates. For Guests who stay longer and opt for deeply discounted weekly or monthly rates, we provide weekly housekeeping service. We keep our overhead low to pass on the savings to our Guests.
- We have possibly the largest average square footage per room compared to hotels (including luxury hotels).
- Our Daily rates take into account 2 Guests with no extra charge. For extended stay Guests, we currently charge a nominal fee of $10/wk for an extra person fee (as posted on our website reservation page). We purposefully charge the extra person fee for extended stay Guests to maintain low pricing where possible - business travelers typically travel alone.

Lastly, we are not a luxury hotel but rather an extended stay hotel targeting business travelers who seek good quality and reasonable pricing with complete transparency.

We invite all Guests to visit our property and see the difference for themselves.

Travellers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Was visiting Elon and stayed there for 2 nights. Good clean rooms at a decent price. I have to make couple of trips to Elon a year and have stayed here for the past 2 years and have no complaints. The price is reasonable and the rooms are perfect for my short stays.

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite as it was larger and has a second room for added space. Comes in handy for a...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank BF2745
Vail, CO
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I was extremely disappointed with the accomodations at this hotel. I was supposed to have a good, advance fare but discovered they were advertising rates $10 less per night for larger rooms as I drove into the parking lot and read the sign. I was told I had a good fare. The room was filthy. The carpet might have been white in prior years but now looked brown, tan, beige or black, depending upon the stain. The walls in the bathroom were splattered with I don't want to know what. The kitchenette was completely unsupplied - one tiny glass (dirty), one coffee cup (but a non-functioning coffee maker, no filters and no coffee making supplies. No plates, silverware, nothing. I had a queen-size suite but fortunately was alone, since there was only one tiny drinking cup - no paper or plastic cups either. The queen bedspread was dirty and ripped. I took it off the bed immediately to find that on my queen size bed was a single/twin size blanket (very thin cotton). I've traveled extensively and can easily say this was the worst hotel I've ever experienced.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank vailmom_11
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 January 2011

This place looked dirty the moment you walked in . After turning the light switch on the light barely turned on. The carpet looked very old and the room did not give the guest a modern feeling.

At the time we checked in I was not made aware of the fact that the room was not going to be serviced every day until after my credit card was processed and I signed their paperwork. This meant that we would have to make our own beds, take out the trash every day etc.Everytime I left I asked for I would never ever go there again or recommend someone else going there. That place is so nastyat least clean towels the first day, after that the garbage can wasn't even emptied.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business