“C Lindsay”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Jacksonville, Florida
“C Lindsay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Needed a place to stay for a business trip, but had to leave early. If you do not know how long you are staying, you might be better off making daily reservations, because you will not refund get a refund if you leave early. Not HAPPY!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Cedric L
OfficeManager2912, Front Office Manager at Corporate Suites of Burlington, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
We value our guests desire for a comfortable but value oriented stay. To that end, we offer three sets of term-based pricing options that meet those requirements in a transparent manner. Packages are clearly noted on our website at https://www.mycorporatesuites.com/Rates_Amenities.php

We offer daily, weekly, and monthly rates. Weekly and monthly rates are substantially discounted compared to daily rates (~50%+ off) in return for a commitment to stay the entire period. This is clearly communicated to guests at check-in. As a courtesy, we do offer guests who were to check out early (before the end of the weekly or monthly rate period) to convert the weekly or monthly rate to a daily rate in order to recover any refund. This is a standard practice we have in place and Guests are made aware of this option.

It is unfortunate and disheartening that a clearly defined term-based pricing options that are a win for guests can still result in our property receiving a negative review. We will however continue offering steeply discounted term-based pricing options to guests in lieu of a commitment. We believe this results in a win-win scenario for both our property as well as the guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Surf City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

First CLEAN and very safe!!! Room size way above expectations- The family suite is a dream come true for families esp. with different tele desires (2 televisons-2 queen beds). Two seperate rooms with a shared bath
in between that is also well sized. WIIFII is free. Zero stuffy smells and windows that open for fresh air:)-
Dont spend time looking for another option unless you want a indoor pool -there is nothing lacking here plus you have a good size refridge/stove and oven and microwave and dining area.
I suggest you bring toss away plates and cups and any cooking pots you may need and instant coffee or tea if desired. These are not supplied but you could purchase a whole set for the money you save. The district is so excellently located nothing is far away and super easy location to find. Desireable location so you are off on the highway in minutes with easy signage.
The area is crammed full of every shopping adventure you could desire incld. discount super malls and upper end stores-restaurants are a breeze to locate and cant imagine a better selection so close at hand. Full laundry on site great for balls team or someone wanting to wash
before heading home that is close to every room. Wonderful for packing/unpacking with parking a breeze in front of each room. The space in the room is what rocked our world. It was such a pleasure to have the option of watching television or reading without worry of being a bother to someone else. There is also a sofa in the living area. The room was super quiet with no sounds from running in halls or elevators or slamming doors. Check in was met by cheerful helpful
owners who no doubt took great pride in being very professional. No hesitation here in recommending this to family and friends for a value that packed big points and for allergies of so many-thank goodness no masking cover up sprays used. AC-heating system super quiet and allowed to select your own temps with ease-not a window unit (no allergy threat with musty or fllters needing a dusting. You want bang for your buck
and comfort in one package and a person who can see past a entrance and glamour lobby-this is right for you. Super happy family - Mom-Dad-Child*** all happy happy and well slept! And yes- for the negative comments, Know what you are renting and verify-I do not believe there is a
attempt to trick but more you need to know the rules - the price reflects 2 people and there is a additional charge for additional guest. You may pay 5 or l0 dollars more than the price you are expecting if do this quickly and do not read all the fine print-you will still save enough from other selections
and have twice the options at half price.

Room Tip: Be sure to bring along any cookware or dining equipment needed. These are not provided. Such as ren...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank wecacnna
Burlington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Checked some of the travel Web sites - this one had good reviews (more often atleast) than the other reasonable priced options. There was a special so remember to check the hotel site.

You can't beat the price. Our room was on the second floor. It was clean and served its purpose--a place to stay after a long day at work as we moved to the area for temporary assignment. The hotel's location is perfect - minutes from restaurants and malls but tucked away in a quiet location with easy access to the interstate.

Dining options are really great on this exit with a range of upscale to fast food joints. There's also an Olive Garden (which my son love's) down the road if you like it.

I read some Trip Advisor reviews about this hotel - mostly positive - some negative (like at all hotels). I think the positive ones are right on this property though. Clean and very comfortable. We felt safe. I will say there's no hair dryer in the room so if you're a female, bring your own if you need it. The hotel's pictures on the internet are consistent with what I saw.

Also, the hotel was busy when we stayed there but we never heard a single noisy guest. This is not always the case even in the most upscale of hotels (speaking from experience). This was a very good deal for a nice room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Leann R
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Needed to spend two weeks here on business and wanted a low cost option that was clean and located in a safe area. Didn't need any frills. After spending a day on a previous trip to locate an extended stay hotel that met these criteria the ones found were in unsafe-looking areas, had musty smells, or too expensive (nearly $100 per night).
So, after doing additional research on-line just prior to the trip I finally decided to give Corp Suites of Burlington a chance. The ratings were mixed, but enough high ones to give me hope.

First with the good; a nice couple runs the place who were always willing to try to respond to my needs. My room had no odors, and everything worked. There was a full refrigerator and freezer, microwave and stove/oven. They had high speed internet and wifi (although the wifi signal was quite low, sometimes locked up, and one night didn't work until I called and they rebooted it). The location was perfect for my needs; others were 25-30 minutes away. The bedding and towels were clean.

Now with the bad; Yes, everything worked. But the tv's were old tube style, and the '2' button didn't work on one. Since it was "extended stay" I had called ahead to make sure they supplied some plates/silverware/glassware, etc and was told, "they could do that". What I received was one plate, one small bowl, one glass, one cup, one small pot, and one fork, spoon and knive. I had requested an iron and board; I got it but the iron and board cover were so grimy I bought some wipes to clean the iron. There were 3-4 cheap, bent wire hangers in the closet, so when I went shopping for groceries I grabbed 10 cheap plastic hangers for $1 (and left them there). I tried to bake a pizza in the oven, but the oven was so dirty it smoked setting off the smoke alarm. The bed and pillows were very firm - not horrible, but lower quality compared to most hotels. And, the carpeting in the entire room, while it didn't smell, needed a good hard cleaning.

In summary, I'm trying to be fair. And, compared to some of the other similarly-priced places nearby, "you get what you pay for". But, if I need to stay in the area again, and considering that I could probably get by with just a microwave, I would probably research a standard hotel (not extended stay) with a small refrigerator or choose a resonably priced extended stay closer to the airport, even though the morning/evening commute would be 20 minutes longer.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank BayBoater
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

I travel a lot on business so need to save where I can ...but I'm picky about quality. I spent the first few days at Hampton and shifted to Holiday Inn for 2 nights - rates were slightly cheaper. Found this hotel behind Hampton so I stopped by and got to check out the room before I purchased. Had to stay 2 weeks longer so ended up saving roughly $900 during that two week period over what I was paying at the other places. Huge difference and the quality is good. See for yourself.

Room Tip: See it for yourself. Cost/size of rooms/cleanliness/convenience = good value.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank SalesPrep1
Burlington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

Room was very clean and very spacious. Property looks new. Well maintained I must say. Been staying here for 3 weeks consulting for Labcorp. Good point for travelers to know is LOTS of great restaurants and shopping (including high end stores) in the area.

Room Tip: Go with the Suite - much larger with a separate bedroom.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Lynn A
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

Filthy - nasty! I stayed for three weeks due to business. I stayed because it had a kitchen, but to my surprise - no dishes, no silverware, no glasses, nothing. after checking in, I got the "speech" about what I can and can't do. I was told that she would not clean my room up except once a week. had to take my own trash down to the dumpster. I got one towel and one roll of toilet paper to last me the entire week. When I asked why I didn't get a clean towel when she cleaned my room, she told me that there was a stain on my towel and that I could wash it and use it again. what? this is a hotel. I'm not suppose to supply my own toilet paper and wash my own towels. oh yeah, when my wife and children came to visit one weekend. I was told that I had to pay an extra $10.00 per person. I had already paid for my room. how can she tell me that I can't have my family visit without paying an extra charge. my wife and children had already traveled for hours so I had no choice but to pay or checkout. this is a heads up to the rest of you. If you plan on staying there, be prepared to pay extra for each guest that joins you. I travel a lot and never had management monitor my guest and my every move. this place is a joke. by the way, I checked out the next day and stayed at the Hampton Inn, which was a mouch better stay! DON'T STAY HERE! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank Mary A
mycorporatesuites, General Manager at Corporate Suites of Burlington, responded to this review, 6 November 2011
We feel disheartened by this posting because we feel it is inaccurate and unsubstantiated. We welcome Guests who understand our primary goal is to perserve a quiet, comfortable, and safe environment for them while seeking a balance between good quality and good value. We have an extremely high rate of repeat business customers that gives us confidence in the quality of service we deliver.

Several clarifications are required for this posting:
- We have the highest sanitary score from the local Heath Department (Ceriticate is visibly posted in our office).
- We partner with Alsco (the largest linen management company) to provide high quality linens/towels. We are extremely happy with Alsco quality but should a Guest share any concern, we would make it right.
- We provide daily housekeeping service for Guests who select daily rates. For Guests who stay longer and opt for deeply discounted weekly or monthly rates, we provide weekly housekeeping service. We keep our overhead low to pass on the savings to our Guests.
- We have possibly the largest average square footage per room compared to hotels (including luxury hotels).
- Our Daily rates take into account 2 Guests with no extra charge. For extended stay Guests, we currently charge a nominal fee of $10/wk for an extra person fee (as posted on our website reservation page). We purposefully charge the extra person fee for extended stay Guests to maintain low pricing where possible - business travelers typically travel alone.

Lastly, we are not a luxury hotel but rather an extended stay hotel targeting business travelers who seek good quality and reasonable pricing with complete transparency.

We invite all Guests to visit our property and see the difference for themselves.

Travellers are raving about these Burlington hotels