“Excellent, friendly service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Alexandria, Louisiana
“Excellent, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Firstly, the location is perfect. Right off a main drag in Burlington, but far enough away that there's not a single worry about noise. A quiet, clean, well-managed facility. My room had a full-sized refrigerator and stove (and coffee maker - none of that single-cup nonsense!).

When I arrived, there had been a glitch with my booking - Expedia's fault, not Corporate Suites - and the owners immediately began working to fix my problem. They called Expedia without delay. Of course Expedia gave them the run-around, but while that was happening, I was let into my room anyway, on the honor system. They were so kind to do that, knowing that I was quite the weary traveler, even before confirming the payment that Expedia had fumbled.

A place by folks who seem to care about their patrons. Affordable yet personal. Exactly what I needed for this trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Believe me this is the worst hotel I have ever stated in my life. I have been to so many country and places in my life and without any second thought this is the worst. It’s not even worthy calling this a hotel at all. Not sure how they got the license to run the hotel. The owner of the hotel stays in the same place and they do not even have a front desk. I wish I could give them negative rating. I was looking for an extended stay in Burlington area and unfortunately I found this rouge place. They have a kitchen but no utensils provided. So if you are looking for this hotel for cooking then this is not the place you should check in. I called then the previous night and they discussed me about the rate and when I checked the room physically next day they say the room is no more available and offered me a suite which had more price. I know the room we discussed last night was very much available. They keep security deposit of $100 before checking into the hotels, really ???? Even they calculated the tax on this security deposit and ask me to pay for that including the room rent in advance. If you need extra key you need to keep $20 security deposit. Their so called “wifi” never works. You have to use a cable for internet. Even the cable also you have to buy. Once you check into the room then the owner will come and knock you room and give you a lecture of what to do and what not to do. You cannot switch on the air conditioner and open your door, you cannot roam in the veranda etc etc. The owner will always come and peep your privacy to check if the air conditioner is on or not. Their main problem is the high electricity bills if you use the air conditioner. As if we do not have any work in Burlington rather switching on the air conditioner. The owner says we do not make much out of it. So my question is if you are not making money then you should shut down this place immediately. I really do not want to discuss about their room, bed and other facility coz for that I will take pages. If you check their webpage the prices are much cheaper than what they charged. When I complained about that there was no satisfactory answer. They always say we want to keep the weekly rate minimal but that’s not the case. I paid for a week in advance but stayed there only for 4 days and lucky I got a chance to move out of the city. And certainly those 4 days were nightmare for me.

Room Tip: STAY OUT OF THIS HOTEL rather than getting humiliated
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Bhabani P
OfficeManager2912, Manager at Corporate Suites of Burlington, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
We appreciate the feedback and welcome the opportunity to improve our Operations where necessary; however, we are disappointed this guest anticipated a five-star experience at a business-class hotel. We disagree with this guest's rating and comments which seem to be highly exaggerated.

As with all hotels and contrary to guest feedback, we do have a dedicated office space and front desk for guest check-in. We are a licensed hotel facility and have consistently maintained the highest sanitation and health cleanliness rating (A+) by the Burlington City Health Department. Certificate is prominently displayed in the office. Our hotel provides full-sized kitchen facilities for guests but we are required to follow local health department regulations when supplying utensils. It is recommended that guests bring their own or purchase plastic-ware from a local retailer. This is outlined in the guest agreement that is accepted at time of check-in. We will however update our website accordingly based on this feedback for transparency.

Our pricing and security deposit policies (deposit only for extended stay guests) are transparent and fully documented on our website at www.mycorporatesuites.com/Rates_Amenities.php. If a guest makes an advance reservation, rate and room quoted are guaranteed. In this case, the customer chose not to make an advance reservation so the room and rate could not be guaranteed (the smaller rooms were no longer available upon walk-in). All hotels offer variable pricing with rates subject to availability which is clearly notated on our website as well. As for security deposit there is NO security deposit for daily rentals. This policy is in line with other extended stay properties (deposit is only required for extended stay guests staying one week or longer to protect against damage). Contrary to guest's statement, there is absolutely NO tax collected on the security deposit.

Our internet service is supplied by two Suppliers for redundancy (Time Warner and Earthlink) via 4 Wifi access points (plus hard-wired connection in every room for backup). We’ve taken steps over the past year to improve our internet service based on previous feedback. This particular guest may have had challenges on their own equipment due to limited knowledge but we are sensitive to the need for an effective internet service in today’s society and will continue to look for improvement.

Lastly, our guests can expect a private, comfortable stay with no interference from Management unless there is a situation that requires intervention for the safety and comfort of all guests.

We welcome honest and relevant feedback that improves our operation; for that, we thank our Guests in advance.

Travellers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I chose to stay here during a recent business trip and every time I would get in the shower one of the guys who work in the office would come in my room! He would always say he was there to clean and thought the room was empty. I complained a few times but this did not resolve the issue. I had to leave 3 days early and they would not give my money or deposit back. If you are a female do not stay here!

• Stayed December 2013
6 Thank asdfghjklzxcvbn
OfficeManager2912, Front Office Manager at Corporate Suites of Burlington, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
We deem this review to be fraudulent, highly questionable on intent, and absolutely unreliable. We are confident our housekeeping protocol prevents such scenarios from happening.

We value our guests and their need for privacy and comfort. Majority of our guests are business professionals with many being women who also value security. Most guests are repeat guests who return for business trips from time to time. This is by far the best measure of comfort, cleanliness, and privacy that guests require and deserve as a basic necessity from any hotel.
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Needed a place to stay for a business trip, but had to leave early. If you do not know how long you are staying, you might be better off making daily reservations, because you will not refund get a refund if you leave early. Not HAPPY!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Cedric L
We value our guests desire for a comfortable but value oriented stay. To that end, we offer three sets of term-based pricing options that meet those requirements in a transparent manner. Packages are clearly noted on our website at https://www.mycorporatesuites.com/Rates_Amenities.php

We offer daily, weekly, and monthly rates. Weekly and monthly rates are substantially discounted compared to daily rates (~50%+ off) in return for a commitment to stay the entire period. This is clearly communicated to guests at check-in. As a courtesy, we do offer guests who were to check out early (before the end of the weekly or monthly rate period) to convert the weekly or monthly rate to a daily rate in order to recover any refund. This is a standard practice we have in place and Guests are made aware of this option.

It is unfortunate and disheartening that a clearly defined term-based pricing options that are a win for guests can still result in our property receiving a negative review. We will however continue offering steeply discounted term-based pricing options to guests in lieu of a commitment. We believe this results in a win-win scenario for both our property as well as the guest.
Surf City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

First CLEAN and very safe!!! Room size way above expectations- The family suite is a dream come true for families esp. with different tele desires (2 televisons-2 queen beds). Two seperate rooms with a shared bath
in between that is also well sized. WIIFII is free. Zero stuffy smells and windows that open for fresh air:)-
Dont spend time looking for another option unless you want a indoor pool -there is nothing lacking here plus you have a good size refridge/stove and oven and microwave and dining area.
I suggest you bring toss away plates and cups and any cooking pots you may need and instant coffee or tea if desired. These are not supplied but you could purchase a whole set for the money you save. The district is so excellently located nothing is far away and super easy location to find. Desireable location so you are off on the highway in minutes with easy signage.
The area is crammed full of every shopping adventure you could desire incld. discount super malls and upper end stores-restaurants are a breeze to locate and cant imagine a better selection so close at hand. Full laundry on site great for balls team or someone wanting to wash
before heading home that is close to every room. Wonderful for packing/unpacking with parking a breeze in front of each room. The space in the room is what rocked our world. It was such a pleasure to have the option of watching television or reading without worry of being a bother to someone else. There is also a sofa in the living area. The room was super quiet with no sounds from running in halls or elevators or slamming doors. Check in was met by cheerful helpful
owners who no doubt took great pride in being very professional. No hesitation here in recommending this to family and friends for a value that packed big points and for allergies of so many-thank goodness no masking cover up sprays used. AC-heating system super quiet and allowed to select your own temps with ease-not a window unit (no allergy threat with musty or fllters needing a dusting. You want bang for your buck
and comfort in one package and a person who can see past a entrance and glamour lobby-this is right for you. Super happy family - Mom-Dad-Child*** all happy happy and well slept! And yes- for the negative comments, Know what you are renting and verify-I do not believe there is a
attempt to trick but more you need to know the rules - the price reflects 2 people and there is a additional charge for additional guest. You may pay 5 or l0 dollars more than the price you are expecting if do this quickly and do not read all the fine print-you will still save enough from other selections
and have twice the options at half price.

Room Tip: Be sure to bring along any cookware or dining equipment needed. These are not provided. Such as ren...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank wecacnna
Burlington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Checked some of the travel Web sites - this one had good reviews (more often atleast) than the other reasonable priced options. There was a special so remember to check the hotel site.

You can't beat the price. Our room was on the second floor. It was clean and served its purpose--a place to stay after a long day at work as we moved to the area for temporary assignment. The hotel's location is perfect - minutes from restaurants and malls but tucked away in a quiet location with easy access to the interstate.

Dining options are really great on this exit with a range of upscale to fast food joints. There's also an Olive Garden (which my son love's) down the road if you like it.

I read some Trip Advisor reviews about this hotel - mostly positive - some negative (like at all hotels). I think the positive ones are right on this property though. Clean and very comfortable. We felt safe. I will say there's no hair dryer in the room so if you're a female, bring your own if you need it. The hotel's pictures on the internet are consistent with what I saw.

Also, the hotel was busy when we stayed there but we never heard a single noisy guest. This is not always the case even in the most upscale of hotels (speaking from experience). This was a very good deal for a nice room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Leann R
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Needed to spend two weeks here on business and wanted a low cost option that was clean and located in a safe area. Didn't need any frills. After spending a day on a previous trip to locate an extended stay hotel that met these criteria the ones found were in unsafe-looking areas, had musty smells, or too expensive (nearly $100 per night).
So, after doing additional research on-line just prior to the trip I finally decided to give Corp Suites of Burlington a chance. The ratings were mixed, but enough high ones to give me hope.

First with the good; a nice couple runs the place who were always willing to try to respond to my needs. My room had no odors, and everything worked. There was a full refrigerator and freezer, microwave and stove/oven. They had high speed internet and wifi (although the wifi signal was quite low, sometimes locked up, and one night didn't work until I called and they rebooted it). The location was perfect for my needs; others were 25-30 minutes away. The bedding and towels were clean.

Now with the bad; Yes, everything worked. But the tv's were old tube style, and the '2' button didn't work on one. Since it was "extended stay" I had called ahead to make sure they supplied some plates/silverware/glassware, etc and was told, "they could do that". What I received was one plate, one small bowl, one glass, one cup, one small pot, and one fork, spoon and knive. I had requested an iron and board; I got it but the iron and board cover were so grimy I bought some wipes to clean the iron. There were 3-4 cheap, bent wire hangers in the closet, so when I went shopping for groceries I grabbed 10 cheap plastic hangers for $1 (and left them there). I tried to bake a pizza in the oven, but the oven was so dirty it smoked setting off the smoke alarm. The bed and pillows were very firm - not horrible, but lower quality compared to most hotels. And, the carpeting in the entire room, while it didn't smell, needed a good hard cleaning.

In summary, I'm trying to be fair. And, compared to some of the other similarly-priced places nearby, "you get what you pay for". But, if I need to stay in the area again, and considering that I could probably get by with just a microwave, I would probably research a standard hotel (not extended stay) with a small refrigerator or choose a resonably priced extended stay closer to the airport, even though the morning/evening commute would be 20 minutes longer.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business