“Cheap, but for a reason” 2 of 5 bubbles

Corporate Suites of Burlington
Corporate Suites of Burlington
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Cheap, but for a reason”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

The bed was a brick, a mattress like we used to buy 25 years ago. Don't get me wrong, it looked new, but cheap. The pillows, not pillows but wafers of linen. The smoke detector...went off at 3:52 A.M.. No smoke, just alarm. Just a bad experience. I felt worse when I got up then when I went to bed

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Scott M
mycorporatesuites, Manager at Corporate Suites of Burlington, responded to this review, 9 March 2010
We disagree with this review. Our mattresses are of high quality typical of an extended stay hotel. The smoke detectors are hard-wired with battery backup. We periodically check the strength of batteries to ensure they are replaced timely (not to mention we are required to meet fire inspection safety inspections on an annual basis). The alarm system has not given us any problems so I am not sure about what situation this guest is referring to. Pillows are standard hotel quality pillows and if the guest required a different pillow, we would have gladly provided additional pillows. We communicate and encourage our guests to let us know if they need anything to be comfortable. After all, we are in the hospitality business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2009

My family and I stayed there for 4 weeks while waiting to close on our house. We put $100 deposit. When we left we spent several hours cleaning and left it as clean as possible. The manager refused to give us ANY of our deposit back even though it looked as good as when we arrived. She made up some story about damages that didn't exist. Don't stay here long term!

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank travellerX75
We have a strict policy of returning the full balance of deposits. The only instances we withhold deposits is when a guest abused the room or damaged the equipment or furniture. Our goal is to encourage repeat customers and withholding deposits is not in line with our business objectives. We disagree with this review.

Travellers are raving about these Burlington hotels

Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2009

Stopped here overnight on a drive from Boston to Atlanta. The couple who runs this extended stay motel are very accomodating and professional. This is strictly a no frills facility, but very, very clean. At least the suite I stayed in was! It's tucked behind a Hampton Inn and it was a little difficult to find, though it is right off a main road. But that's fine, because it was nice and quiet. There are also several restaurants nearby.

My suite had a small kitchen/living area, a decent sized bathroom and bedroom, two televisions and DSL. The only complaint I have is the DSL worked intermittently and I was trying to get some work done. Otherwise I would highly recommend for a clean, budget friendly place to stay if in the area on business.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Macon, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2009

My son's wife had our 3rd grandson,so we came to oooh & ahhh appropriately. We needed a room for the night,as his wife's sister had come for 3 weeks to help with the other 2 boys(ages 2 & 4--a handfull!) We read about this hotel in tripadvisor. Since we would only sleep here 1 night other ammenities didn't matter. WE have a 1 bedroom suite, with full-size refrig & stove. It's a little hard to find behind Outback & a Hampton. However the distance from I-40,and nestled back in a business park, gives a good deal of quiet. The room is clean,and adequately furnished. For $60 a night for a decent size suite,it seems to be a reasonable price, if you just need a clean,quiet place to sleep.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kingfather
mslibra80
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel Thanksgiving week to attend my father in law's funeral.
Burlington isn't a big city, but it’s not unusual for hotels to be a bit pricey during this season. Because most of our time was going to be away from the room with family, all we wanted was a clean and cheap room.

We got the room for about $55/night.
It was pretty roomy... with a long hall that leads to the kitchen on the right and ends at the bedroom.
The kitchen has a full size fridge, stove, sink and a few plates and utensils. The bedroom has the bed, a dresser, a small television, and a closet.

This is a plain wrapper extended stay style hotel - with no daily room service. They will bring extra towels by request - but you will be on your own when it comes to the bed making and cleaning. The decor doesn't scream romance... The hotel main focus is a clean room with your bare necessities - bed, tv, shower/tub, kitchen... period.

The staff was very friendly and courteous. They gave us the feeling that they wanted our business and cared about our stay.

For the price, this room is definitely above average and I would recommend it to those that are looking for the best room at the lowest price. The location isn't bad either... it was a bit hard for us to find but it’s right off the main highway and minutes from several restaurants and shopping centers.

• Liked — PRICE, LOCATION, SPACE & CLEANLINESS
  • Disliked — The TV was an older model and small
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2008

Clean property - i'm VERY picky where i stay and want to make sure the bathroom and linens are clean. This place was spotless. The guy even showed me the two rooms before I rented so i felt comfortable before committing.

The first week i stayed at Comfort Suites and shifted to Hampton Inn next door. The rates were high and i found hair on my sheets so I decided to check out this small property behind Hampton Inn. It was really well worth every penny i paid. VERY CLEAN. You can't go wrong.

• Liked — Safe, Clean, Well lit property
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Tracybiztraveler
galaroyale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2007

I stayed at this place after checking out the Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites. Those hotels are excellent but the prices of $70-$80/night was very excessive. Anyway, Corporate Suites is located right behind these properties and I got a suite room for $55. Can't beat the price.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Nothing really. I am a pretty simple person when it comes to travelling. Bed, Bath, Location.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business