“Great Service and Food, As Usual”
Review of Ruby Tuesday - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ruby Tuesday
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 August 2013

When I'm at a loss for a place to eat while traveling, I look for a Ruby Tuesday. They rarely disappoint and this one was no different. I hadn't eaten all day and was starving. The food came quickly and my waiter was very friendly and attentive. I had to take a phone call in the middle of my meal and didn't get any exasperated looks about it like I have other places. Great wine list and generous pours as well, if that's important to you.

1  Thank lewiscb

Reviewed 23 April 2013

We have been looking a long time for an eatery like this. Our preferences always have been a modern establishment, preferably franchised and somewhere with a fresh salad bar, a selection of delicious appetizers and entrees and a great glass of wine for the right price. Wow! This place said it all. Upon arriving, we were immediately ushered to a very comfortable table. A food and wine menu was immediately produced. We were flabergasted by the wine menu which gave us a beverage choice of bar wines, better wines, best wines and superlative wines. Wow! We went for the midgrade chardonnay from California, Gnarls Neck for $8.95 for an 9 oz. glass. It was excellent. My petite sirloin and lobster tail was excellent. My son had his fettucine alfredo and it hit the spot. Before the entree was served, we were treated to a sumptuous salad bar. All the right ingredients, including lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, peas, carrots, sunflower seeds and more. Ample dressings were provided. After gorging ourselves in these delicacies, we read all of the brochures, suggesting to us that if the shrimp fondue was not offered to us by the server, then we would get it free...not.....We were so impressed with this restaurant and the value that we returned the next night!

1  Thank William K
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This review will not be all-encompassing of the experience you might expect from this restaurant, since I have only eaten here once. But compared to experiences at other Ruby Tuesday restaurants, this one was dismal and disappointing. We arrived in the middle of the afternoon on a Sunday - the restaurant was half full. As we walked past the salad bar, my wife was immediately disappointed as it was apparent no one had refreshed anything in the salad bar in a LONG time. The salad bar looked quite sad, and that was the main reason we chose this location because my wife enjoys the salad bar at other Ruby Tuesdays. When my wife ordered a pasta and veggie plate, she was told they were out of one of the veggies in the dish, and she was told there would be specific substitutions. We were appreciative of that information. When our food arrived, the substituted item on my wife's plate had been changed to broccoli, something she doesn't care for. When my wife mentioned the problem with her meal, the waiter courteously and quickly replaced it with another entree, saying that the kitchen had misinformed him of the contents of the entree my wife first got.
My plate which consisted of a chicken breast and baked potato, looked like a child's plate. The baked potato was the smallest I have ever seen, even in the grocery store. It was slightly larger than a golf ball. The chicken breast was slightly larger than the potato, and I do mean slightly. It too was the smallest chicken breast I've seen anywhere. Of the few bites I got of both chicken and potato, it was good. I have wondered since then (and I kick myself for not asking) why on earth they were serving such small portions.
A run down salad bar, innacurate entree, and teeny tiny portions equals a "stay away" indicator for me. To their credit, our waiter was excellent and I tipped him accordingly because I didn't feel any of the problems were his fault. The improperly prepared entree was deleted from our bill as it should have been, and the replacement meal my wife got was discounted. We were appreciative of that.
I cannot imagine a reason my wife or I would want to return here. This restaurant has been here a long time and multiple issues like this suggests a serious management issue. I suggest you visit at your own risk, if you visit at all.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

I have visited Ruby Tuesday's in Burlington on a number of occasions and have been disappointed everytime. This last time the service was horrible it took 2 hours to get our order and get served. Even then we had to ask the waiter where our food was. When it arrived it was over cooked. I got a dish that had fried shrimp on it and they were over cooked to the point of being hard. In addition in the past the chain had a wonderful salad bar but years ago changed it and it is now not worth the price charged. A group of us usually go out to eat on Sunday but after our last experiance we have marked this restaurant off our list.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Had dinner on a Friday evening and was very pleased with the total experience. The service was fine, not outstanding. The salad bar was well maintained and delicious. Entrees were very tasty. Better RT experience than the last I had in another state and town. All in all very good.