“You get what you pay for.”

Red Carpet Inn Burlington
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Woonsocket, RI
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I'm not sure what people expect for $31, but I feel as though I got what I paid for...a no-frills room. I took my daughter to visit Elon Univ. and we needed to stay in the area for one night. I found this for $31 (with my AAA) and booked it. It was clean and we got the non-smoking room I asked for (but not the King-sized bed). Front desk staff was pleasant and capable enough...seemed like a family-run business. Didn't have time to check out the breakfast, so I can't comment on that. I did see when I checked in that they had a nice little room for it though. It is a tad noisy b/c of it's easy-on/off highway location, but it didn't disturb our sleep. TV was a bit on the cruddy side and it took us three tries to get the thing to stay on and it occasionally emitted a whining noise, but again...the room was $31 and I wasn't expecting the Taj Mahal. Property was attended to with some pretty rose bushes and what appeared to be a nice pool area. It could use a coat of paint and some more sprucing up. I admit, I was slightly nervous driving up, but it turned out to be unfounded and our stay was fine. I would not have stayed here for more than one night, but it was a good place to lay our heads.

• Liked — low price
  • Disliked — slow internet connection
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gotobednow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Virginia Beach, Va
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Man, talk about a dump. We stayed at this hotel on an Elon Family weekend as pretty much all of Burlington sells out at that time. Half the hotel was not even operational, and those block of rooms that were seemed were filled with the skurge of the earth. When we got home from festivities at the college, people were drinking in their rooms with doors open and spilling out onto the balcony in front. At night, I feared for my familys safety. The room was dirty, old, carpet was nasty, and there were exposed electrical wires in the bathroom from a missing light. Unbelievable that this place continues to pass any kind of zoning laws in the area.
IF THIS IS THE LAST AVAILABLE HOTEL, DO NOT STAY HERE! YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF TRAVELING TO GREENSBORO.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Staying there
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BGrad
Reviewed 1 May 2006

i stayed here and i too requested a non smoking room and received a smoking room among MANY other problems. when i went to the front desk to request a refund i had to police called on me! i am trying very hard to contact corporate office to have them investigate into this place it needs to be shut down!

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chester, Vermont
Reviewed 14 February 2006

We enjoyed our brief stay here very much. The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming, the breakfast was sufficient and the room was airy and bright. We've stayed at places for the same amount of money or more that haven't been anywhere near as nice as this place. The window looked out onto the back parking lot but beyond that was an open field with woods in the distance and there was a pond and geese, so it felt like we were out in the country.
The bathroom was clean and roomy and the whole place, with the exception of the corridor outside the room, was clean and fresh-smelling. There were some odors in the corridor but it may have been due to a lot of rainy weather and people tracking in water. I would definately stay there again.

4 Thank GrammieLaurie
Reviewed 17 June 2004

This hotel was okay. The staff was very nice and the lobby area is comfortable.

The rooms could use new carpeting as they do have a bit of a stale odor. It's okay if your just passing through NC.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 September 2003

We stayed one night in September, 2003, we had reserved a non-smoking room but were given a smoking room which of course smelled terrible.
The room was worn, carpets dirty, and soft mattresses. The A/C unit was so noisy we could not use it and had to sleep in a warm stuffy room.
The front desk called at 3:30 am looking for someone, a wrong number!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Red Roof Inn Burlington
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#1 of 2 in Graham
Drury Inn & Suites Burlington

Been to Red Carpet Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!