“Great local homemade food”
Review of Kirkwoods Cafe - CLOSED

Kirkwoods Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bahamian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Kirkwood's Cafe... We are a very special cafe specializing in fresh homemade goodness with our daily specials, desserts, soups , salads, quiche, sandwiches, and more. In addition to our dinner specials, we have barbecue, sandwiches and our pizzas, calzones and stromboli. Come experience a friendly, intimate dining room setting where you can enjoy a good time with family, friends or hold special events and meetings. Our house band, The Typical Mountain boys play some of the best bluegrass every Friday from 12 - 2 pm. Then on Friday evening from 7 - 9pm we have our Open Mic night, highlighting some of our area's most enthusiastic and talented performers. On Saturday nights, have a great dinner and an evening of entertainment offered by the best of the best entertainers in our area. Beer and Wine served.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Great local homemade food”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We were told to either go to this cafe or one right next to our motel and we picked this one because my husband wanted an omelet. I ordered SWEET tea and my husband ordered coffee. I got my tea and because I was still dehydrated from our Mount MItchell hike from the day before I drank my tea pretty quickly and it was really good. I ordered a sourdough waffle, because I love waffles, my husband ordered an omelet. The server refilled my tea and left. I took a taste and it was NOT sweet, I figured she just accidentally gave me unsweet. So when she came back I said that that was NOT sweet, and she proceeded to argue with me about the fact that it was indeed sweet just not a lot of sugar was added...Well what I don't understand is, the glass I had before that was perfect and this definitely was NOT sweetened at all. But instead of having the mentally of the customer is always right she informed me she isn't allowed to add a lot of sugar that others complain it is too sweet. Whatever....I got my waffle and I have to say, I don't like Sourdough waffles. I am not blaming them, I love sourdough bread but holy smokes this thing was SOUR. Just not my thing I guess and I only ate half. My husband said his omelet was really good. We sat outside and we were chilly but that was because the sun kept on going behind the clouds and a hoodie solved the problem, it is a really nice deck to sit on and enjoy a breakfast.

• Visited June 2013

Cookeville, Tennessee
“Great breakfast & bread! Lovely outdoor deck.”
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

A local recommended Mary Jane's for dinner but it wasn't open on a Tuesday night so we returned the next morning for breakfast. It's on Main Street but farther away from the town green than other restaurants going east. My husband had the French Toast (made from generously sliced home-made bread) and loved it. There were several quiche selectons and all looked delicious. The sweet baked goods seem to be a favorite too; as we ate a few people stopped by to grab some to go. Our service was fine considering there was one server (very charming) and one cook (the owner, I believe). The outdoor deck near a creek was a divine dining spot. On a disappointing note: I noticed in a local real estate magazine that this establishment is for sale. I hope the food is just as good with new owners.

• Visited June 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

When in the Burnsville, NC area of Western NC, make a point of stopping by Mary Janes Cafe & Bakery for a delicious breakfast or linchpin. Everything fresh and made to order and their waitress is one of the best, she remembers you each time with a smile and great service.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank daveg6180
NC
“One of our favorite restaurants”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We always get good service and great food. My favorite is the meat loaf lunch. It is outstanding. Oooh, and then the freshly baked apple pie for dessert! We were last there on May 10, 2013 and the Typical Mountain Boys were playing. They are simply outstanding musicians.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank BlueGooseNC
Maitland, Florida
“Mary Jane's Bakery & Cafe”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Good place for breakfast. Sometimes have entertainment on Friday night. Look at sign outside or on door for hours and special events. They have moved two doors away.

Visited December 2012