The Buck House Inn on Bald Mountain Creek
Carolina Country Inn(Burnsville)(Great Value!)
US$80
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Skyline Village Inn(Little Switzerland)(Great Value!)
US$80
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Inn North of Asheville(Mars Hill)(Great Value!)
US$106
ComfortInn
Great 4.5/5
Mountain Inn & Suites(Erwin)
US$106
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Super 8 Black Mountain(Black Mountain)
US$73
US$97
QualityInn
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
Apple Blossom Motel(Black Mountain)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsbald mountainhorseback ridingwolf laurelb beggs florentineappalachian trailfront porchbed and breakfastwrap around porchchestnut roomwished we could have stayed longerother guestsamazing hospitalitybeautiful mountain settingbreakfast was deliciousinteresting historyfeel like family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2012

When business called me to Burnsville, I stumbled upon The Buck House in my search for hotels. It looked so relaxing and charming that I booked my stay immediately. While I didn't get to enjoy the full relaxation of it due to my business day in town, my mornings and evenings here couldn't have been more perfect. Whether you're unwinding in a swing by the roaring creek (which you can also hear from most places in the house, by the way) or enjoying a delicious cookie or glass of wine, there was nothing amiss. The breakfasts were not only stunning in presentation, but they also tasted delicious. The Chesnut Room, where I stayed, is positively beautiful, with a perfect mix of old world charm and modern comfort. Additionally, Debbie is a wonderful hostess who will attend to your every need and want, and I really felt more like I was visiting a friend's gorgeous old house than staying at an inn. I'm eagerly looking forward to my next visit here, and already planning a getaway soon!

Room Tip: The Chesnut Room has beautiful wooden walls that make you feel like you're in a log cabin. While it's not technically creekside, I could still hear it roaring through my windows, which was lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We went for a weekend in June, to escape the Arizona heat and meet up with family from NC. This place is amazing! From the minute we got there, we were all in love with it. Debbie sets the standard for a B&B. The house is fantastic, so tastefully decorated, and furnished with everything you could want for comfort - blankets everywhere, plenty of soft towels and great toiletries. Our bedroom was by the creek, and we slept with the window open; the sound was so relaxing. There are rockers on the porch, a hammock in the yard, swings by the creek, and a fire ring by the pond. The breakfasts were heaven, served by a toasty fire, and the table setting was spectacular, with different china and fresh flowers each day. There was a station just outside our bedroom with a K-cup machine for coffee or hot chocolate any time of day, and a mini-fridge stocked with water and sodas, and Debbie always had homeade bread or cookies available for nibbling.

We spent a lot of time hanging out on the porch catching up, and watching the birds eating at the many birdfeeders in the front yard. We hiked up to Bald Mountain, which was gorgeous with a flower meadow and 360 degree views at the top. The trail takes you along the Appalachian Trail for a little bit. The guys golfed at the course nearby (Wolf Laurel Country Club), and they said it was worth the price just to drive the cart around and take in the mountains. We ate one night at the golf club, which was delicious. The next night, we we drove down to Jack of Hearts in Weaverville, which had a great menu, and they even had a folk band playing that night. A special treat was watching my college-age kids chasing fireflies like when they were little; we don't get them in AZ.

Of course the best part of the inn is Debbie. She makes you feel so welcome, and she is totally in tune with your needs. She had lots of suggestions for things to do, made all the arrangements for golf and dinners, and had maps for everywhere we wanted to go. She will even share her recipes if you ask. She made our weekend perfect in every way. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I would recommend a room by the creek. The sound of the water lulls you to sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This was my first visit to a B&B, and the bar has been set amazingly high. The house was grand and historic with beautiful furnishings. The setting was amazing, only 20 minutes from the interstate, but miles away from everything. As great as the property is, it is not the best thing about this special place. Debbie, the owner, made us feel at home from the moment we walked in. No detail was overlooked and she went above and beyond to make sure my family felt at home. We look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The proprietor Debbie couldn't do enough for us; from welcoming us with freshly baked cookies (always kept on hand) to setting us up on the porch overlooking the creek and forest to enjoy our private breakfast for two. I even talked her out of a recipe for a puffed pastry called "gentleman's casserole". Peace and quiet, restful charm awaits anyone. Leave your worries behind, including your cellphone. There is Internet and land line, or you could go into charming Burnsville to use your cell. But, aren't you on vacation? We are already checking our schedule to see when we can get back! I have to challenge my husband to another game of scrabble.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Creekside rm. where we could hear it when the windows were open. It was peaceful looking out thru the woods, watching birds and deer walk by. The room was spacious for a B & B, the elegant private shower a rare find in a room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My sister and I took a girls' trip for a few days. Everything about our stay was perfect. I stayed in the Dreamdale room and had the best nights' sleep I've ever had! The bed was SO comfortable and I had my window opened as I listened to the roaring creek outside all night. Breakfast was delicious and the hospitality was the best that I've ever seen. We enjoyed relaxing on the grounds and a hike to Bald mountain. While there was plenty we could have done, we had the most fun just being lazy and catching up on some much needed girl time. What a perfect place to do just that. It was just breathtaking! We WILL be back!

Room Tip: The dreamdale room is amazing!!! The king bed is SO comfortable and has two reading chairs right next to the windows looking out to the creek. It's like waking up in a dream
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family