“Incredible Hosts!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burnsville
Durango, Colorado
“Incredible Hosts!”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I can't say enough great things about the owners - they helped arrange transport for me from the airport, and accommodated some odd shipping requests - all via pleasant email exchanges. The room was great - the most comfortable bed I had slept in in ages, not to mention clean, and warm.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank J H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I decided to stay at the Carolina Country Inn after our normal place was booked. I'm glad I tried it!

The rooms are small and so are the bathrooms, but we didn't find it uncomfortably small at all.

Even though the building itself is old it's obvious that all of the bathroom equipment and lighting fixtures have been replaced, the floors are newer, and the walls are freshly painted. The comforters aren't 30 years old and full of smoke, either, like can often be found in less expensive motels. The bedding was fresh and comfortable. Really the whole room felt that way.

My biggest complaint were the doors and the door handles. The bathroom door handle worked - but with some effort. My wife got stuck in the bathroom for a minute before she could manage to get back out. And the room's door to the outside wasn't equipped with a heavy deadbolt or sliding lock like I'm accustomed to having in hotels/motels. It just had a regular house door kind of handle and lock.

I would say this motel is a great value and Burnsville is a nice little town to visit.

Room Tip: My wife and I have stayed in room 17 and in room 3. Rooms 16 & 17 are around the back corner wi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ArcFlashMan
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 28 October 2013

More or less a "mom & pop" kind of establishment, with a friendly, accommodating couple in charge, the Inn is a jewel to be discovered in Burnsville. Lovely flowers decorate the premises with wonderful whimsical statues tucked in here and there. The rooms are suitable, with good tvs imbeded in the wall, small shower stall, (no bath) , windows that actually open to the cool Fall air, and a reasonable price. With not that many motel/hotels to choose from in Burnsville, this is a winner. The owner was kind enough to provide me with a quality shower cap when I asked if there were any , which I thought went "above and beyond." Beautiful roses growing next to my front door, and a view across the street of a flaming autumn NC tree, gave me a "homey" feeling and I slept really well too, during my three night stay. Having friends living in Burnsville made the visit that much more special, and I can thoroughly recommend the Carolina Country Inn.

Room Tip: You'd have to ask the owners as I took what I got and it was fine.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank anniemax
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The original rendition of this property was probably a motor court in the forties or fifties. Today it is a charming and immaculate updated version. The reviews noting that the rooms are small are a little bit misplaced. Yes the rooms are a little small compared to a property built today. For the period the rooms are huge. Really, the size is a non-issue. These rooms stand out because they have windows in the front and in the bathroom and a ceiling fan so you don't have to use the a/c. At about 3000 feet, Burnsville has some wonderful cool nights. The room has all the amenities you expect and is immaculate. There are restaurants within walking distance. Oh, and the couple that own it couldn't be more helpful and friendly. Absolutely would return here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Betsy B
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My two sisters and husbands and one nephew met at Carolina Country Inn this past weekend. We came from NC, SC, GA & MO. We don't see each other very often, so this was a reunion of sorts. While the others spent only 2 nights, we spent 3 nights and were very pleased with the accommodations. The pictures you see here and on the motel website are accurate, the landscaping is WOW! It takes a lot of time and care to keep plants and flowers in the pristine condition at Carolina Country Inn...the rooms are pristine as well.

We had the kitchenette, same price...stove, large fridge...but a CRT TV hanging on the wall. My husband hit his head a couple times, not pleasant (this is the reason for 4 stars).

Very pleased with the bathroom, we had a vanity, which means we could spread out a bit, others in our party had single sinks, not shelf space. There may have been other room in the bath that I didn't see. Each room is slightly different from what I could tell, plus what my family told me...we had 4 rooms...and we had a great time. Two of the rooms were together around a large patio, not sure if there were other patios...but it was great for us to sit there together & visit.

The owners were very busy while we were there...they are building a large patio and cookout patio out back. The weather was excellent, so the work was ongoing.

Burnsville is a small town & while the traffic is fairly thick at rush hour, most times it is easy to get in and out of the street...most roads are 2 lanes, the drivers are very courteous. Everyone in town was very friendly and helpful.

We recommend this little motel (15 rooms) for all kinds of visits. If you need to spread out in the rooms, then this is not the place for you...otherwise you will enjoy your stay. It is very comfortable, we slept like rocks. Love the shower.

Room Tip: Rooms 5 and 6 have a large patio between them. Very nice for families meeting there.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mbln74a
Corsicana, Texas, USA
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Mid-September found me and my husband visiting family in Burnsville, NC. My husband had stayed at this property many years ago and looked it up online. The owner/manager advertised that the property had been updated and we bit.
The room was charming, very clean, and well-appointed with all the comforts of a small motel. Updates included Wifi, an efficient HVAC unit, and a wall-mounted flat-screen TV. Owner/manager, Maureen, was at the ready to make our stay most enjoyable with information about the surrounding community. (There is no continental breakfast, but coffee ready any time of the day.)
We will stay here again when we return for another visit, and recommend others try it, too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank burghbound
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Great value, very clean, good location, comfortable bed. Only drawback are small rooms. Owners are extremely helpful - offering excellent sightseeing tips. Would consider returning for future visit. No frills but pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mark-oest
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
Skyline Village Inn
#4 of 4 in Black Mountain
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Black Mountain

Been to Carolina Country Inn? Share your experiences!