“Very nice”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burnsville
Racine
“Very nice”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Clean. Cozy. Homey. Perfect king size bed - felt great. Great landscaping. Friendly hosts. I have stayed in every type of hotel worldwide. This type of small personal touch place is my favorite. If they served breakfast I would move in permanently.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank From-Wis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is such a lovely place to stay! Very very clean, The people who own it treat us like family. We have stayed with them several times and it always has been perfect. The rooms are cozy.The grounds are simply beautiful. Will be coming back many many more times.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank littlejo324
gastonia nc
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. The owners are friendly and accommodating, the guest rooms cozy and always immaculate. I have been here quite a few times recently and have made this first on my list for my mini vacations. LOVE LOVE LOVE

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank koolleigh
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I can't say enough great things about the owners - they helped arrange transport for me from the airport, and accommodated some odd shipping requests - all via pleasant email exchanges. The room was great - the most comfortable bed I had slept in in ages, not to mention clean, and warm.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank J H
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I decided to stay at the Carolina Country Inn after our normal place was booked. I'm glad I tried it!

The rooms are small and so are the bathrooms, but we didn't find it uncomfortably small at all.

Even though the building itself is old it's obvious that all of the bathroom equipment and lighting fixtures have been replaced, the floors are newer, and the walls are freshly painted. The comforters aren't 30 years old and full of smoke, either, like can often be found in less expensive motels. The bedding was fresh and comfortable. Really the whole room felt that way.

My biggest complaint were the doors and the door handles. The bathroom door handle worked - but with some effort. My wife got stuck in the bathroom for a minute before she could manage to get back out. And the room's door to the outside wasn't equipped with a heavy deadbolt or sliding lock like I'm accustomed to having in hotels/motels. It just had a regular house door kind of handle and lock.

I would say this motel is a great value and Burnsville is a nice little town to visit.

Room Tip: My wife and I have stayed in room 17 and in room 3. Rooms 16 & 17 are around the back corner wi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ArcFlashMan
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 28 October 2013

More or less a "mom & pop" kind of establishment, with a friendly, accommodating couple in charge, the Inn is a jewel to be discovered in Burnsville. Lovely flowers decorate the premises with wonderful whimsical statues tucked in here and there. The rooms are suitable, with good tvs imbeded in the wall, small shower stall, (no bath) , windows that actually open to the cool Fall air, and a reasonable price. With not that many motel/hotels to choose from in Burnsville, this is a winner. The owner was kind enough to provide me with a quality shower cap when I asked if there were any , which I thought went "above and beyond." Beautiful roses growing next to my front door, and a view across the street of a flaming autumn NC tree, gave me a "homey" feeling and I slept really well too, during my three night stay. Having friends living in Burnsville made the visit that much more special, and I can thoroughly recommend the Carolina Country Inn.

Room Tip: You'd have to ask the owners as I took what I got and it was fine.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank anniemax
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The original rendition of this property was probably a motor court in the forties or fifties. Today it is a charming and immaculate updated version. The reviews noting that the rooms are small are a little bit misplaced. Yes the rooms are a little small compared to a property built today. For the period the rooms are huge. Really, the size is a non-issue. These rooms stand out because they have windows in the front and in the bathroom and a ceiling fan so you don't have to use the a/c. At about 3000 feet, Burnsville has some wonderful cool nights. The room has all the amenities you expect and is immaculate. There are restaurants within walking distance. Oh, and the couple that own it couldn't be more helpful and friendly. Absolutely would return here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Betsy B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnsville
Skyline Village Inn
#1 of 4 in Black Mountain
Springmaid Mountain
Springmaid Mountain
#2 of 5 in Spruce Pine

Been to Carolina Country Inn? Share your experiences!