My wife and I booked 2 nights which included our anniversary. We were looking for a basic room, nothing fancy.
The hotel called us 2 hours before our arrival (seemed a great practice) to confirm. When we arrived, we found no rooms ready. We also discovered, AFTER they ran an authorization on our card, that half or more of the hotel was under renovation (painting).
After waiting, we asked to see the room they readied before we agreed to stay. At this time, we were able to see the view (a lot with debris across from the location) and also noticed several painters and most of the adjoining rooms had trash bags taped to the windows. The room itself had just been heavily sprayed with air sanitizer to mask and it almost knocked us down.
The pool was not filled or ready and at 4:30 PM we heard a couple come in asking about the fact that their room was dirty and they had no new towels at all.
This property has potential but is currently a complete mess and I would only stay there as a last resort for sleep before traveling.
I will add that the Only reason they did not receive a one is that Maleta personally called our bank to ask that the authorization be removed and called us back later to see if we did find a room.
In fact we did and it was wonderful so watch for another Outer Banks review soon.
Again this property: Dated, under construction (cosmetics), needs a great deal of cleanup, uncomfortable feel with rooms open, trash bags on windows and crew members siting in trucks sort of watching the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hatteras Island Inn is on the ocean side of Hatteras Island in the village of Buxton North Carolina. The beach is just a short walk away using the beach access. The Cape Hatteras Lighthouse is just two miles from the Inn and can be plainly seen from our observation tower as well as incredible sunrises and sunsets. Horseback riding, Go-Carts, Bumper Cars, Mini-Golf, Museums, Charter Cruises/Fishing trips, Gift Shops, and Great Dining are just some of the pleasures you can experience during your stay with us. Don't forget to take some time-out and relax at our pool while you are with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Hatteras Island Inn Buxton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hatteras Island Hotel Buxton
- Comfort Inn Buxton
- Buxton Comfort Inn
- Hatteras Island Inn Buxton NC