This is a good place to stay if you're not looking for luxury. I don't mean that in a bad way either. It's true they are doing renovations to a lot of the rooms, and I guess will eventually get all rooms reprinted etc.
our room was clean, well stocked, towels etc and the bed was comfortable. Coffee and microwave in room.
The pool was not ready but I was right by the beach so didn't worry me, I wasn't staying there to lounge by pool, but this should have been mentioned at booking in case we did need that.
It's a good central place to stay, plenty of restaurants etc all round.
It's recently under new management and they are trying very hard to put this motel higher up the food chain! They were very nice and friendly. No problems at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hatteras Island Inn is on the ocean side of Hatteras Island in the village of Buxton North Carolina. The beach is just a short walk away using the beach access. The Cape Hatteras Lighthouse is just two miles from the Inn and can be plainly seen from our observation tower as well as incredible sunrises and sunsets. Horseback riding, Go-Carts, Bumper Cars, Mini-Golf, Museums, Charter Cruises/Fishing trips, Gift Shops, and Great Dining are just some of the pleasures you can experience during your stay with us. Don't forget to take some time-out and relax at our pool while you are with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Hatteras Island Inn Buxton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Hatteras Island Hotel Buxton
- Comfort Inn Buxton
- Buxton Comfort Inn
- Hatteras Island Inn Buxton NC