“Over 60, was able to climb the lighthouse”

Cape Hatteras Lighthouse
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Buxton
More attraction details
Owner description: The nation's tallest lighthouse was moved to a different location to preserve it.
North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Over 60, was able to climb the lighthouse”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was really intimidated by all the stairs. I was able to stop on each landing as needed to rest. The rangers are helpful and watchful. The day after my climb, I was surprised to find my knees actually felt better than they had before the climb. I will definitely do it again!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank angelic_prescription

Dover, Pennsylvania, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“treasured beauty”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

beautiful historic site worth the time and money to go up into,,bring your sneakers its a long climb

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Candace W
Worcester, MA
99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Cape Hatteras Light House”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

It is worth the trip through the beautiful national seashore. You may be surprised as I was that the lighthouse is rather far from the ocean. Nonetheless as the tallest brick lighthouse it is a site to see. You can climb to the top if you want. The location for the original lighthouse is down the street.

1 Thank PWDGolfers
Charlotte, North Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“So beautiful.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Beautiful lighthouse on a gorgeous island. Well worth the effort to get there to see it. We went from Harkers Island park by ferry and it was only a short ferry trip from there.

Visited June 2014
Indianapolis, IN
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“First Visit to the Relocated Lighthouse”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was a special trip for my husband and I to visit the Lighthouse after its relocation many years ago. We had taken our children to the Outer Banks during a Spring Break and got to see the early days of the move of the lighthouse inland. The lighthouse was undergoing new painting while we were there and I even saved some paint chippings for a photobox.

Visited April 2014