There seem to be some widely varying reviews on here about this property. The Cape Hatteras Motel has a mix of different room types ranging from townhouses to apartments, efficiencies and basic rooms. I paid for an apartment and was quite pleased with it. The apartment was spacious, the kitchen was well supplied with pots, pans, cooking utensils etc. There was no maid service but there was do-it-yourself linen exchange. The furniture was comfy (though the bed pillows were not). The tvs are the older smaller CRT type but basic cable TV is supplied.
The location is great - just at the entrance to Buxton - easy to find. There are units on both the sound side and the oceanside. I like an ocean view, and the unit I rented overlooked the ocean directly some 20 feet or less away, with a spacious veranda equipped with rocking chairs. It was quite clean.
I don't know why another reviewer claimed there was no internet as I and several others in my party used the free motel wireless service without problems throughout our stay. This is not a Hilton Hotel or even a Best Western. There is no lift, which would make it difficult for persons with limited mobility. Yes, there is only one shampoo and one bar of soap provided but the front desk provides more if you ask.
There are several restaurants and a small supermarket within walking distance. One feature that I haven't seen mentioned: if you have small children, try crabbing off the bulkhead at the back of the property. The desk will provide crab nets. That will keep the kids amused for an hour or two.
We enjoyed the Cape Hatteras Motel and would stay there again. The only two negatives: next time I will bring my own pillow and stay on the top floor. Every footstep can be heard in the rooms below.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Hatteras Motel is located on the oceanfront in Buxton North Carolina. We are located about a mile down the beach from the famous Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The motel is bordered by the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and the Atlantic Ocean. The motel has a fresh water pool with a hot tub. When conditions are safe, our beach is great for swimming and surfing. It is also one of the best places in the country to surf fish. We are about ten miles from the marinas at Hatteras Inlet. Boats out of Hatteras have the shortest run to the gulf stream north of Florida. There is also a fishing pier five miles north of Cape Hatteras Motel. We offer oceanfront rooms with either one king or two queen beds. We also offer two bedroom suites, complete with full kitchens.These units are complete with linens and dishes. All units have access to free Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs and air conditioning. Whether you are coming to Cape Hatteras to surf or kite board, windsurf or fish, or maybe to just walk our miles of National Seashore beaches; the Cape Hatteras Motel is the place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Cape Hatteras Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hotel Buxton
- Cape Hatteras Hotel
- Cape Hatteras Motel Buxton, Hatteras Island, NC