Cape Hatteras Motel
US$107
  • Pool
US$117
Orbitz.com
Cape Pines Motel(Buxton)(Great Value!)
US$112
Sea Gull Motel(Hatteras Island)
US$161
Agoda.com
US$112
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrocking chairsoceanfront roombuilding cthe outer bankssound of the wavessaw dolphinsocean sidebeach loverscoffee makertop floora great place to stayfell asleepevery morningice machinebed was very comfortablesmall fridgefour nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

It is right on the beach and has the rustic beach look but the rooms are kept clean. You are pretty much guaranteed to see dolphins everywhere from your balcony. We were lucky enough to also watch two whales from ours.

We had a fridge in our room which was nice. Important tip: most everything in town closes at 9pm. Make sure you plan accordingly if you're coming in on the late ferry.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DLynnP
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Simple motel, right on the beach. Great view right from your own private deck. Maybe not the newest or cleanest but can't beat running right from your room into the ocean. Outdoor shower to rinse off. We had lower level room facing ocean and I thought our view would be blocked by the dunes but no; we had a clear view of ocean.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank spiels
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed for 9 days in August. Accommodation is simple but spotlessly clean. Comfy king-size bed, efficient hot shower. Cleaned daily with towel changes. What sets this accommodation apart is it's oceanside location. Just walk down the stairs and you are on the beach. Rocking chairs on the deck to enjoy early morning tea and the fabulous OBX sunrise and falling asleep to the sound of the ocean. Even though we visited in August the beach was never packed, it always felt like you had space around you. Local people are so friendly. I foolishly left the lights of our hire car on and flattened the battery - the local garage at the Red Drum, helped us out with a jump start almost immediately - just one of our unique experiences during our visit. Worth driving to the sound side - just a few minutes -to catch the sunset. Great restaurants in walking distance - the owner recommend the Captain's Table which we went to Twice(see separate reviews as well as Shipwreck bar and grill just over the road for lunch, Orange Blossom Bakery for breakfast and Diamond Shoals for dinner)
We leave relaxed with happy memories and loads of amazing photos

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacquelinecole123
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here Aug 1-6th and had a 2 bedroom oceanfront suite. This place was great! We are a family of 5 and had plenty of room & the kitchen was stocked with everything you could want and more. Staff was friendly and helpful, my youngest was super excited about the ice cream shop next to the motel office. There is a pool & hot tub but we never swam in it. When we went to check them out the hot tub was only half full so I'm not sure if it was being drained for cleaning or was having problems, it wasn't a big deal to us at all so we never asked about it. Our room was on the top floor of building B and our view was spectacular. We loved this place so much my youngest (7) did not want to leave and says she wants to move there. The motel really is in the perfect location, the beach was never crowded when we were there. If we are visit the area again we will be back :)

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank kamaae
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have absolutely no complaints about this place. I've been traveling to OBX for as long as I can remember. I've always stayed in a huge beach house with the family, always on Hatteras Island and always for a couple of months in the summer. I'm from Ohio and this past winter was the worst winter I can remember in all my 31 years. Going through some major life changes I decided that I needed to get away and go where I feel at total peace. My boyfriend and I went and stayed at this motel. From the very beginning I was more than impressed. I stayed in a 1 bedroom right on the ocean and the view coupled along with the sound of the waves was the perfect combination. Super clean, everyday it was cleaned and new towels were provided. Huge bathroom and nice flat screen T.V. Those who aren't familiar with old beach towns or islands may say the decor is a little outdated, but it's beach decor and its perfect. The staff was extremely friendly and I had no problem getting the things I needed. Because we came the second week in March there wasn't much open on Hatteras Island, however the Shipwreck Grill was, which is beside the motel office. Every morning we had breakfast with locals and the food was amazing along with prices. This motel in my opinion is one of the cheapest and nicest motel you will ever stay at. The view alone is worth the money. You honestly can't even get that when staying at a house here. I was concerned about being in a beach community off season, but we explored all the little towns and museums that I don't get to do in the summer because i'm enjoying the beach. I will be booking another trip and staying at this amazing motel again in late march of 2015 :)

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms on the second or third floor are spectacular. Sleep with the windows open every night and you'll be sure to sleep well and wake up to a sunrise that will blow your mind.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple