“Friendly”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stopped off here for a few drinks. The food looked good but, we didn't sample any. Had beer and cocktails and the lady behind the bar had never made a margarita before but, she was up for giving it a go and it was delicious. Very friendly little bar.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Hurricanes seems to be a popular place for locals. They had the best prices of any restaurant we visited in the area. I got smoked Mahi Mahi tacos. I did not like them. My wife got Shrimp and Grits and said it was great! The staff there is very friendly.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We went later in the evening with our 4 year old. The place was nice and quiet. Our extended family was having a large party dinner there and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. Our son could run around without bothering anyone. Standard pub food but it was good.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The food is average seafood buffet. But the bill is way too much. Skip this place and go somewhere better rated.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Title kind of says it all -- this is hands down my favorite sports-bar type restaurant on Hatteras. I have eaten here so many times and it has always been really good. Personal favorites are the burger with blue cheese and bacon, fries, potato salad, and zucchini slaw. My husband is crazy for their crab cakes. They have inexpensive lunch specials, it was stewed chicken and homemade noodles last I was there, very good.

The service is always really friendly. And like actually friendly and not fake nice for tips. It is older and kind of dark inside, but the place isn't jammed full with tables. If every seat in the house is taken (which I have seen), it does not feel claustrophobic. It's also always been clean.