“Nothing special, but OK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shipwreck Grill - CLOSED

Shipwreck Grill
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Nothing special, but OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Certainly not fine dining, but that's not what I expected. Food was all 'OK', just nothing special. It is sustenance only. Had a fried chicken salad, pretty small portion and chicken a little dry. Wait staff are friendly and engaging. They just need to up it a notch, and it'd be great.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Fairmont, West Virginia
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The restaurant itself looks clean and is nice inside. Pictures of ship wrecks off the coast of the outer banks are cool. The service was good and food came out fairly fast. There is nothing special about the food but I guess eggs are eggs. My sons omelet looked better than my meal and he really enjoyed it, maybe I'll get that next time. It may be worth a try if you order your favorite type of breakfast but I think I'll try some other place to compare.

“Same ole same ole”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Well. Here we go again. We went to this place religiously when it was Island Perks. Best food. Great service. It was a high spot for our very frequent visits. Bummed when they left. So we were left with this place. First few times were blah. Decent. Then went downhill. Food was sub par with service to match. Went in for what I thought would be the last time and we ordered. Sat and sat and sat. Over an hour. Very few people in, not crowded. .it was slow. So we up and left. That was 2 years ago. Since we stay in Buxton 6-8 times a year and the list is small for restaurants, I have been keeping up with the reviews and seemed like there was a new chef, food was good, service was good. Soooo, let's give it another shot. Walked up to the counter this morning and the girl asked me. Take out or eat in. No contest. The huge screened in porch is second to none. I said great. Yes. I'll be outside. So 30 minutes later. No one. There were less than 10 people in the restaurant. Same ole same ole. I guess the new chef and the great new food the owner has probably busted his butt to put in place is obsolete. The service still sucks. Here's the kicker. While walking out after sitting for 30 minutes. I did order a latte to go FROM THE SAME GIRL WHO SAID HAVE A SEAT AND I WILL BE RIGHT WITH YOU. I got my coffee. Left. And this time. Never to return. I suggest Orange Blossom and Buxton Munch Company. As a business owner myself whose phone is on 27/7 for service and availability its terribly frustrating. We spend thousands of dollars here every year. Those dollars are worked hard for to get and I want good service and good food from those owners. Those who provide that win in my book. And they win in getting my business.

2 Thank Tony M
Annapolis, Maryland
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The food quality has been declining for the past few years. The quality of food is only OK, not worth the prices they charge. Not our first option on the island.

New England
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Nice clean place, lovely waitress, the menu has typical eggs etc breakfasts and several unusual offerings. I had the crab cake Benedict. The crab cakes are house made and it was fantastic. I would give it 5 stars except it could have been warmer.