Outer Banks Motel
US$145
  • Pool
Cape Pines Motel(Buxton)(Great Value!)
US$157
Sea Gull Motel(Hatteras Island)
US$126
US$114
All reviewshot tubouter banksamazing familyenclosed porchocean frontefficiency roomhigh tidefull kitchenget awaylove this placefishing tripbit datedwould stay againwi finothing fancycape hatteras national seashorefood lion
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I can't say enough great things about this motel! It is always clean and the peaple who own it are wonderful.Our cottage is right on the beach, can't bet that for 940$ a week! We have stayed at several differant rooms and loved them All. See you in2 weeks.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank EveNov1
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Every time I have EVER stayed at the Outer Banks Motel it has always brought great memories and awesome places to stay. One trip the cottage we had was suffering from issues and without a second thought we were moved to a larger cottage for the same price that we had reserved the original. I cant say enough great words about this place. Its safe, its clean and very attentive to what their guest needs. I will never stay at another hotel chain in the Outer Banks Ill always go to the Outer Banks Motel and if they are booked then Ill change my trip to another week!

Room Tip: I tend to go for the cottage, you have more control over your environment and less worry about what your neighbor is doing.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Kloonam
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Just got back from three wonderful nights at the Outer Banks Motel. We stayed in one of the motel complex units, and found everything to be clean and comfortable. It's nothing fancy, but the price sure is right, especially for staying right on the beach. There are enough eateries and shops nearby to meet your needs, and yet we were able to enjoy the quiet, laid-back pace of Hatteras. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katie W
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I feel like I paid too much for the unit because I booked at the last minute. It was clean but dated and slightly rundown. We closed the bedroom door and then got locked in - we had to unscrew the door handle with tweezers to get out! We were told this happens often because of the salt air.... We enjoyed the proximity to the beach but wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa V
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We booked over the phone just seeing the pics on the web. My wife fell in love with the pics and the ocean view. We knew our view was not going to be the best but we took it anyway. The first problem we had is you have no control over the A/C hot hot hot. The the A/C starting leaking water all over the floor. Then I forgot to mention the smell of cigarettes. The toilet didn't flush properly and the shower was so small your whole side rubbed the curtain. I'm average size man, I know what you were thinking.we call to get our money back for the second night that we booked and they said no to late but said they would give us another room. The new room had all the same problems A/C,toilet and smoke.everything is way out dated and the beds were so worn out you slept in a hole. In closing I would say anyone who gives this place good reviews is use to living in scwaller. Beware!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank Tomofbrandon
Carol D, Owner at Outer Banks Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Thank you for your review. All of our units have individually controlled thermostats with central air conditioning except for one unit in the village. If an air conditioner goes out, we have window units on an emergency basis. All of our units are non-smoking. We apologize if another guest had smoked in the unit, but we try to enforce no smoking. A lot of our beds have been replaced in the past 3 years and many of our units have been remodeled as well.