“Fell in love with OBX and Outer Banks Motel!”
Review of Outer Banks Motel

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Buxton
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed in 14 and absolutely loved it. It was clean,comfortable and convenient. Off season so no crowds. That's what we like. We were welcomed with 2 kittycats at the office. Felt like home. People are friendly and prices are good. The only complaint I have is that we live about 7 hours away. Will be back next spring and planning on moving to OBX in the near future. Love it here! Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Carol D, Owner at Outer Banks Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hatteras Island is one of the most unique places in the world and we are glad that you chose to stay with us while enjoying it. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Although run as a family motel. They promised what they said on the phone. Not the Hyatt, nor even a Hampton Inn but it was clean, comfortable and convenient. I would recommend staying here and I would again as well. There is a restaurant across the street, not the motels but a very good breakfast and lunch restaurant called Shipwreck.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pippa M
Carol D, Owner at Outer Banks Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay with us. We take pride in being a family owned and operated motel and don't try to be something we are not. We are glad to offer beach front location as well as locations in the village of Buxton to suit the needs of multiple types of customers. We are glad that you chose to stay with us and hope to have you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

A have only been to the outer banks 2 times. Once on our honeymoon and then we went back a few months later. We stayed here both times and loved it! Great location and very very clean and upgraded rooms!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank jennlg1982
Carol D, Owner at Outer Banks Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

This was a perfect place for us. Parking was under our unit & we were only steps from the beach. We saved by going off season & picking a unit with a kitchen. Yes, things are a bit dated but we weren't there to spend our time inside. My one disappointment was that the hot tub had issues. We also noticed the dirty windows but after having that first film coat our eye glasses, we knew it was from the salty ocean air and understood. This isn't a commercialized place. The beach wasn't crowded and everyone was friendly. We would love to go back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet S

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive for cleanliness in our units and will work hard to make your next stay with us the perfect stay. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future. Again, Thank you.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I was really disappointed with this Motel, the room was old, worn and generally dirty, the windows needed cleaning and the doors need to be fixed as they don't work very well. I dont write many poor reviews but this hotel is in a beautiful spot and im sure that with some TLC it could be beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank asapearce

First, we would like to thank you for your feedback. Some of our units have been updated including granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. We also have an excellent crew of cleaners and strive to keep our units as clean as possible. We are glad that you enjoyed our beach front location and hope we can have you come stay with us again some time in the future. Thank you again. Outer Banks Motel

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I am reviewing the Outer Banks Motel from the beach deck of my ocean front cottage as I type. As all of my previous reviews indicate, I'm borderline obsessed with the Outer Banks right now. I've stayed mostly near Kill Devil Hills so I decided to wander out to the Buxton area. I'm so glad I did too. I made the reservations months ago for cottage 108 on the ocean front. When these lovely owners described this cottage as ocean front they weren't joking. The tide often comes within 5 feet of the cottage deck! It's awesome!! I drove down from NJ and arrived late. My welcome committee were 2 beach crabs in the parking area. Upon entry I noted a clean pine scent throughout the unit. The cottage is furnished with modest furniture, so if you're looking for Hilton level furniture and amenities go elsewhere. However if you're like me and want solitude this is the place for you. The owner is absolutely lovely. She told me about the local attractions and what is available to guests. The motel provides free row boats to use In the sound across the street. There is a fully functional kitchen, dining area and living room with flat screen tv. 2 bdrms with 4 beds and 1 bath room. I came off season and paid 930 plus tax for a week. You'd pay triple that at some other beachfront places. I will make this a regular stop. I think this place has added to my OBX obsession!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank TDAHappyTraveler
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I can't say enough great things about this motel! It is always clean and the peaple who own it are wonderful.Our cottage is right on the beach, can't bet that for 940$ a week! We have stayed at several differant rooms and loved them All. See you in2 weeks.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank EveNov1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buxton
Hatteras Island Inn Buxton
#2 of 6 in Buxton
Cape Hatteras Motel
Cape Hatteras Motel
#4 of 6 in Buxton

Been to Outer Banks Motel? Share your experiences!