“Perfect location with a really cool owner.”
Review of Outer Banks Motel

Outer Banks Motel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Buxton
“Perfect location with a really cool owner.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We barely spent any time in our hotel room. It was all spent on the ocean a few steps from our door or enjoying the balcony or the ice cream and restaurant across the street. The town of Buxton is great for people that want a quiet beach scene. If you want to know the history of Buxton find the hotel owner Carol Dillon who can tell you stories shes lived as far back as the great depression.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Penn Laird, Virginia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel more than once. It is our motel of choice when traveling to Buxton. Accessibility is my favorite aspect. It is nestled right on the beach, with a pool and hot tub as well. We took a nice jog down to the Cape Hatteras lighthouse which is only a mile and a half away. Across the street is a delicious restaurant, "Shipwrecked" (we had multiple meals there) and a fun and stylish boutique, "Daydreams". The owner is a Hatteras Island native and shared many wonderful stories on how life was on the island through World War II and on. What a unique and special experience! We will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in the beach front cabin 108. It was newly renovated and so close to the beach. The people are so friendly and willing to help. We received a lot of great advice on where we should go and what to see. I had an amazing experience here and the view couldn't be more beautiful. As it being my first time ever to have seen the ocean, I loved feeling like we were the only ones there. It was one of the best vacation experiences that we've had and hope to go back sometime soon!

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Right as soon as you arrive in Buxton you arrive at this motel. Easy to find and really close the light house. My wife and enjoyed multiple bicycle rides to the light house and traffic was very polite and great for such riding. This is a great place to come if you want to be right on the beach, close to everything in town, and able to enjoy some quiet time. You can easily take a walk on the beach and go any direction and see minimal people. Really very beautiful!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vicente R
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This Motel is perfectly located right on the beach on the island of Buxton. It is conveniently located near locally owned restaurants and shops. We were referred by a close friend to stay here. I look forward coming back as soon as we can!

• Stayed June 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This motel has an amazing location right next to the beach. Great service and a wonderful staff. The rooms were clean and the suites had a nice setup. We came down here with almost 30 friends and we had a blast! Everyone really enjoyed themselves. I highly recommend it for any vacation or business trip!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here 1 week in May,2014 and was greeted and treated with true Southern Hospitality for the whole week of my stay. No complaint on any front. This gracious motel has weathered many season and storms and continues to greet another season. Thanks Carol and staff I will be back.

Room Tip: I stayed in 3A and was very pleased having recently had surgery on my leg this was a great called ma...