Cape Pines Motel
  • Pool
US$112
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
Sea Gull Motel(Hatteras Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgrocery storethe outer bankshatteras islandhardwood floorsice machinepet friendly roomshort driveroom was largeking bedorange blossomfridge and microwavepicnic tablesa great place to staycoffee makerangiebulldogdogs
Reviewed 5 June 2011

If you are looking for a Hilton or Marriott type stay this is not it....you should consider staying in Kitty Hawy, KDH, or Nags Head. If you are looking for local flavor on Hatteras Island this is the only place to stay! This places was so clean you could literally eat of the floors, and I've never said that about any hotel floor! There is a pool, a Weber grill for guest use, and an ice machine. And they're VERY pet friendly. The owner works the front office and was very helpfull. The rooms was quaint and beach, and offer a small refrigerator and coffee pot. Connor's Market is across the street and Orange Blossom Bakery (featured in Southern Living and a "must have" if you are within 100 miles!) is a short walk away. We had a great stay for Memorial Day weekend and have already booked a room for 4th of July weekend!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank bluecrab707
Reviewed 17 April 2011

My 38-year-old daughter came down to NC for a visit after almost a year and a half of not seeing her. We decided to drive down to the Outer Banks and stay the night and relive some of the sights and sounds of her childhood. (We used to camp every July 4th weekend down on Hatteras Island.) My sister also has bought a home in Duck and is in the process of refurbishing it and I wanted to see her and her new place. We were on the drive down (3 1/2 hrs from home to Nags Head) and I got my daughter to look on the phone and find us a pet friendly place to stay on Hatteras Island. She called several and we decided on the Cape Pines Motel. She called and got a reservation for that night and held it with my credit card. She was never told that there was a 48-hour cancellation time or that if we were a no show that the credit card would be charged anyway. We were both under the impression that the room was being "held" until we got there, not that we were being "charged" at that moment for the room. Anyway, we went and visited with my sister and by the time we got back to Nags Head it was dusk. I do not drive after dark! So we stopped in Nags Head for the night due to the fact that it would have been life threatening to go across the Bonner Bridge. At 10:45 that night I received a call from, he said he was the owner. I was in bed with the phone plugged in for charging and could not get to the phone in time. He left a message stating that the office was closing and that he would leave room 9 open for us. I called him right back and told him that we had HAD to stop earlier because of my inability to drive after dark. He stated about the 48-hour policy. I told him that I was under the impression they were only "holding" the room until we checked in. Mind you, this was in April, which is off season. He said no, that when you give your credit card you are CHARGED at that moment. He was unwilling to even listen to me or make any concessions for the situation. I hung up in tears. My daughter called back and talked to him but he was unwilling to waiver in the policy. I am on Social Security and this double whammy of being charged for 2 motel rooms is going to bite into my ability to get through the month.

Stayed: April 2011
10  Thank gma2six
Brapant, Owner at Cape Pines Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2011

Innkeepers do not enjoy charging "No Shows" when guests fail to show up for a guaranteed/confirmed reservation. A confirmed reservation means we will hold a room for your arrival as a matter of mutual agreement. As explained to the traveler and her daughter (upon placing the reservation), a credit card number is taken to guarantee arrival for the room (or "hold" a room for your arrival). We DO NOT automatically charge a credit card for a room booking as assumed by the traveler; all accounts are due upon arrival by cash or credit card. As explained, if the traveler had the courtesy of making a phone call to the hotel with a last minute change in plans, we would have cancelled the reservation with no charge. We go above & beyond, leaving the guest a voicemail at 11pm explaining which room was available for them that evening, with the lights/heat turned on, and a note on the registration office door for their late arrival. We regret any confusion this guest may have had regarding the status of the room we held for their arrival.

Reviewed 11 April 2011

Recently spent a weekend at the Hotel and loved my stay. Room was small but clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Grocery store across the road and a few good eating places within walking distance. Next trip to the Outer Banks will include staying the the Cape Pines again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank fishingRockyMountNc
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Friendly staff at motel. Room was clean and bedding very comfortable. Only negative would be thin walls. Fell asleep to a guy with a deep voice talking in next room. Would definitely stay there again though. Very reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank DCTraveler3716
Reviewed 6 December 2010

My husband & I travel quite often. I always try to choose hotels that have kitchenettes as we hate eating out our entire trip. Cape Pines has the BEST kitchen supplies of ANY hotel we have ever stayed in, including the the large chains!! It literally had everything needed!! Dish soap & sponges, plenty of matching dishes, pots & pans, paper towels, etc. And talk about CLEAN!!!! I walked around that room with my white socks & had white socks upon removing them in the evening!!
We always enjoy our trips & they are planned with many activities & such. This time, however, we enjoyed our room so much that we didnt attend any of our planned activities. We spent alot of time deciding on when we would return for a longer visit! Cape Pines is our most favorite place to stay and will most definitely recommend to any and all who mention visiting Cape Hatteras.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple