“great value, nice people”
Review of Cape Pines Motel

Cape Pines Motel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Buxton
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were looking to extend our stay in Hatteras and the Cape Pines had one room available. I had very low expectations but was pleasantly surprised! The room was a nice size and very clean. It had a fridge and a microwave which was great, also right across the street from the grocery store! The proximity to the lighthouse and park was wonderful. The pool was small but clean and well maintained. The shower in the room was clean but the shower head was less than desirable. Overall, I would stay here again. It was a great value and the people who worked there were very nice, as were the other occupants.

2  Thank beachy41915

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I think Cape Pines Motel had fish cleaning area and a grill for cooking, but we did not use these facilities. We were checking out the Outer Banks for the first time and only for 3 days. It was perfect for us because it gave us a chance to check out the lighthouse, beaches, ferries and other areas. There was a grocery store across the road and a good restaurant nearby.

The front desk people were very friendly, but again, we only saw them when we checked-in due to our plans. We went during high season so the price was a bit on the high side.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovefoodinCM
Reviewed 25 July 2013

When Ron asked me what I wanted for my birthday this year....I didn't hesitate....A weekend at Cape Pines in Hatteras...we didn't go last year and I really missed it. It was kind of last minute so we were lucky to get a room at all. As it turned out....we got the last room outside in the courtyard...these are the pet friendly rooms and a rocks throw from the pool. I usually bring stuff to cook there but our 2 double bed room only had a fridge. (room #5) Not a problem...we cooked everything on the grill outside and used the microwave by the ice machine. It was fun !!!They think of everything here :) As always our room was spotless, floors slippery clean and beds were comfy. Our goal when we stay here is to relax and spend time with our aging dog. This is a vintage gem here in Hatteras and the perfect spot for us to do just that. When we found this place 5/6 years ago...we knew where we would stay from now on when we visit the Outer Banks....Ron, DJ and I look forward to seeing yawl again real soon !

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are the pet friendly rooms....if you like to cook, ask for a suite with atleast a st...
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Our first visit to OBX, and I chose CAPE PINES MOTEL based on the majority of favorable reviews. Having visited the motel website, I learned of the recession buster special (5 nites for the price of 4 and upgraded to a deluxe room) thus adding one night to our original stay. I was very impressed with our Deluxe room with a king size bed. Although not on the beach, it was only minutes away to a nice beach, with easy parking and direct access to beach. We stayed Sunday through Thursday, departing on Friday. It was a quiet and relaxing stay. Just read the previous review, and I don't understand who would have come out yelling. First, we were told upon check in that the pool was open from 10 AM to 9 PM. The owner Bill wasn't there on Sunday, but we saw him and met Chuck, and both seemed very nice. I can't imagine either one of them yelling and cursing. So perhaps there was another person on duty on Sunday. At any rate, this was a perfect stay for our first visit to OBX. Took advice from other reviewers and visited Orange Blossom Bakery, Uncle Eddy's Custard, and the Old Gray House gift shop! ALL were EXCELLENT! The Gingerbread House in Frisco is another great place for a quick breakfast. Took the ferry to Okrachoke which is worth doing; chartered the OUTER LIMITS at Oregon Inlet for a fishing trip and caught tuna and dolphin, captain and mate were great! ALL in all a great trip, and I am thankful for the positive stay I had at Cape Pines Motel!

Room Tip: Main House has remodeled rooms, and I thought these were great!
2  Thank Marian9785
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as we always travel with our dog Lisette. Friendly lovely place. Rooms are comforting and very very clean. We rented two rooms and both rooms were excellent. Very close to grocery store and Lighthouse. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Cape Harreras.
This hotel has a lovely little garden path in the back of hotel. Around the corner you can visit the "The Old Gray House". Great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank meemo56
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Fourth year of staying at Cape Pines. There is a reason it is simply awesome. Great Staff, clean spacious rooms. I do recommend this place to everyone. Right across the street is the coolest grocery store in the world Conners Market. Don't judge a book by it's cover. Close to all the fun on Hatteras...

Room Tip: Get the suite. Save money eating out with a full kitchen...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Just returned from Cape Pines Motel in Buxton, NC and as always loved it. I work in the hospitality industry so I know when I say this is a clean, friendly place and of course its great that we can take our dog with us. We didn't bring her this time as it was only for 2 nights so stayed in the 2 story part (our 1st time) and were pleasantly surprised! We will keep coming back to this motel....close to the beach & GREAT fishing!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kris M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buxton
Hatteras Island Inn Buxton
#4 of 6 in Buxton
Outer Banks Motel
Outer Banks Motel
#5 of 6 in Buxton

Been to Cape Pines Motel? Share your experiences!