Cape Pines Motel
US$145
  • Pool
Sea Gull Motel(Hatteras Island)
US$126
US$114
US$112
  • Restaurant
US$325
All reviewsgrocery storethe outer bankshatteras islandhardwood floorsice machinepet friendly roomshort driveroom was largeking bedorange blossomfridge and microwavepicnic tablesa great place to staycoffee makerangiebulldogdogs
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Stayed overnight with our pet. Place was really nice, clean and pet friendly. Manager was very nice and courteous. Rooms were immaculately clean. Not what we were expecting at all, pleasant surprise!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2010

We stayed at the Cape Pines for 3 nights before our wedding. We stayed in the 2 bedroom efficiency room while many of our family and friends stayed in other cottages nearby.

The staff totally accommodated our dog and everyone was VERY nice, friendly and professional.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank PeppermintG
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I was stranded en route to Ocracoke with a carload of pets when my car was caught in high water on hwy 12. I was towed to Cape Pines, where I, my cats and dogs got the warmest most cordial hospitality imaginable. We spent a comfortable, albeit unplanned night and day in a wonderful suite with sitting room and kitchenette with all the amenities. The people who run this quaint pet friendly place are the best people in the world. They were so kind and solicitous to me; I'll forever be grateful. If you're visiting the coast and want a taste of the neighborliness of the Outer Banks, stop over at the Cape Pines Motel in Buxton. It will not disappoint!

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 21 November 2009

We did some last minute booking and were fortunate to find rooms available at Cape Pines. To our delight, it was just wonderful. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and we loved the atmosphere. The prices were excellent value also, especially when compared to Ocracoke across the water. We met Bill, who was great and very helpful! I don't have too many photographs of the motel because I was busy photographing and playing with Heidi, who is this adorable English Bulldog who was featured in the 2009 Outer Banks Pet Calender (see pix). Bill had her put on a rollerskating show for us! There are some friendly kitties here as well! But for those who want to see photos, here is the link to their website, which has plenty of pictures.
This is a great location to stay at if you're planning to visit Ocracoke - for the ferry is close by. Also, its easier to find food later at night in this area than at Ocracoke.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Do not look further if you are searching for a place to stay on the Outer Banks. Cape Pines Motel far exceeded our expectations for a beach motel. And our expectations were already high at time of booking due to both the excellent ratings on Trip Advisor and the glowing review in Gourmet Magazine.

The rooms are impeccably clean. The grounds are beautifully maintained with lit pathways surrounding the motel, shady seating areas to eat and read, a bug-free environment, a charming garden oasis behind the hotel, comfortable picnic and grill area next to the pool, sparkling clean swimming pool and best of all, friendly and incredibly accomodating owners.

I can't say enough complimentary things about Bill and Angie, the owners. Whatever I asked for, the answer was always, "Sure!" I needed to throw a couple loads of laundry into their own washers: Sure! (And they transferred the wet clothes to the dryer and folded them!) I needed to find a vet who carried my prescription dog food. Sure! Angie picked some up for me on her trip to the vet. I needed a wine opener for my wine bottle. Sure! Bill popped the cork for me. Bill and Angie work hard! I saw them both working all day in the office and around the grounds (Bill in the same hour was helping build a new picnic space with bamboo shelter, cleaning rooms himself, cleaning the pool and taking his own dog out for a ride on her skateboard--you must see this! It could be on Letterman!)

Bill and Angie have put a ton of sweat and love into this special motel and we will be back for sure next summer! Thanks for everything!
Your Wisconsin friends!