My husband and I recently stayed at the Inn during our trip to OBX. The Inn is small but extremely well appointed. Each room varies in size and decor. I thought our room was very cozy and it had a really lovely view of the Sound. The service was terrific-the innkeeper does the important 'little things" that makes this such a great place-coffee pot in the hallway in the early morning, cookies and chocolates during the day, free bottled water (chilled), etc. The restaurant at the Inn was really terrific-we had a lovely dinner on the terrace and we enjoyed the 3 course breakfast that comes with the room, every morning.
Although there was a small wedding reception during one evening of our stay-I thought that the party was respectful of the guests staying at the inn.
Overall, the inn is just a really nice place to 'chill' and enjoy the more 'remote' part of OBX.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A casually elegant waterfront boutique hotel on the Pamlico Sound. Accommodations range from soundfront queens to premium kings with private decks, and spa tubs. Amenities include gourmet three course breakfast, fresh baked goods, kayaks, bicycles, pool, home theater, library, 1,700 DVDs, complementary beverages and snacks, beach chairs, beach towels, and high speed internet. Gourmet waterfront fine dining; fresh, organic and local. Weddings and catering. Our goal is to provide the experience of an honored guest in our casually elegant hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Inn on Pamlico Sound reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn On Pamlico Sound Hotel Buxton
- The Inn On Pamlico Sound Buxton, Hatteras Island, NC