“Our Wedding at the Inn”

The Inn on Pamlico Sound
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Buxton
“Our Wedding at the Inn”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had an awesome experience at the Inn. Steve the owner and all of his staff was simply the best.The day of the wedding the weather was not to good cloudy and very windy 30-35 mph winds and the Island had lost power that morning.My bride to be was starting to get a little nervous since the place were she was getting her hair and makeup called and said that they lost power and could not do it.Gina the wedding planner arranged for her to come to the Inn and do her hair and makeup but as she was on the phone with my fiance the power came back on.Gina got to work on enclosing the pavilion with the help of the groundskeeper and our chef Evan. I could not believe how everyone was chipping in to help out.I returned 30 minutes before our ceremony and was very pleased how it turned out.Our ceremony was at 2 pm and the sun had peeked through the clouds as she was walking down the isle .It was amazing!! Our reception was suppose to be poolside but since the weather they moved it into the restaurant and turned out wonderful . The food was awesome and Evan did a fantastic job. Every one of our guests raved on how everything was so awesome from the ceremony to the reception. We stayed there 3 nights including our wedding night .This place is awesome. We are definitely coming back for our first anniversary and every year after that, this place is the BEST!!!!!!! Steve and all of his staff are awesome .The Inn is the best place that we've stayed at HANDS DOWN
PS I've never written a review.This is my first review ever on anything I don't write reviews but we had too because of how awesome this place is
Thanks
Debbie and Gary G

Room Tip: Corner suite was huge and beautiful veiws
2 Thank GARY G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My boyfriend and I were blessed to be able to attend the wedding of our friends at this wonderful Inn. Upon arrival, we knew we were in for a relaxing treat. Fresh baked brownies in the common area, and snacks and goodies stashed away everywhere! Our room, the Sunflower Room, was bright and cheery. The bed was beyond cozy and the view from our private deck was amazing. We wished we had more time to take advantage of all the Inns amenities. The food was scrumptious! Shrimp and grits for breakfast? Don't mind if I do!!

We will definitely be returning to enjoy the peace and tranquility that is Pamlico Sound!

(DO NOT use your GPS to get there. Trust me. The GPS is not your friend in Hatteras.)

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank CinD77
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I stayed for five days and four nights at the Inn for our "babymoon" before the arrival of our first child. His parents recommended the Inn to us, and we were certainly NOT disappointed, despite the cold, rainy, and windy weather during our stay.

Immediately, all of the Inn staff (especially Steve, Natasha, Melissa, Ian, and Josh) made us feel right at home and made themselves available at all times with any questions, concerns, or feedback we had. We signed up for the babymoon package and were not able to get the advertised room upgrade, so Steve and Melissa made sure we were only charged for half of the package ($75), which seemed more than reasonable (The package also included a $50 rose arrangement and two in-room meal service charges).

We stayed in the Periwinkle room, which had an amazing view of the Sound and was quite comfortable. The breakfasts every morning were fantastic, and we highly recommend having dinner at Cafe Pamlico one evening -- the food really was five-star and divine! There was a rather aggravating family staying on our floor, and the staff did all they could to help remedy the situation and make it comfortable for all involved.

All in all, we had a fantastic experience here. We will definitely be returning, perhaps with a child or two in tow (assuming they are well-behaved!)!

Room Tip: Get a room with a direct view of the Sound! There is nothing quite like waking up to the sound of th...
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Wonderful Inn! The rooms are very clean and the views incredible! My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in early April. We wanted to go somewhere quiet and different from a big hotel. This is the place! The staff treat you like family and are quick to take care of any need. I liked the fact that there were nice extras like water and sodas in the fridge and cookies on the table in the afternoon and you could just help yourself. No additional charges for every little extra. Coffee was outside your room in the hall every morning. Snack baskets in the rooms and even a movie theater downstairs with hundreds of movies to choose from! These were just a few of the things included in your room rate. I never met any staff that weren't smiling and eager to help in any way. If the staff is happy, they will make sure your customers are happy!

Room Tip: We loved the Oleander with a view of the Sound and a private porch with rockers.
1 Thank Margaret L
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed here for two nights in March. No crowds, chilly, blustery - perfect! The room was clean and attractive. The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfasts were scrumptious! We ate dinner in the Cafe both nights and the food was perfect. The chef is a gem! The wait staff was so down to earth and friendly. We felt right at home. The views of the sound from our room and our porch were stunning. I would definitely return the next time we visit the Outer Banks.

Room Tip: We stayed in Jasmine which is a corner room. Great views. I think in the summer it would be better t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I do not have enough nice things to say about the inn!! My husband and I spent our honeymoon here. The staff was so welcoming and made us feel like we were a part of their home. One of the CLEANEST places I have ever stayed in and I've traveled quite a bit. The rooms and views are beautiful. They gave complimentary snacks and drinks that really gave it that homey feel. Breakfast and dinner was phenomenal especially the baked goods. Get the muffins or scones for breakfast they were amazing everyday. We will definitely be back and will be telling everyone about it. Perfect for a romantic getaway!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meggie640
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My brother & I took our mom to the Outer Banks to celebrate her 70th birthday. This was a great place to stay. The staff was extremely helpful & the accommodations were very nice. Loved the view of the sound minus the pool which was not ready for the season & was gross looking. The snacks, drinks, & amenities were all superb. Only complaint was the that there was no way to adjust the thermostat in each room. My brother also indicated that the fold out couch/bed combo was not uncomfortable but none ever really are. We enjoyed checking out a movie one night & viewed it in our room which was very convenient. Would definitely stay here again. Restaurant was outstanding!!! Loved breakfast each morning! The inn is conveniently located to Hatteras Lighthouse & not far from the Ocracoke Ferry.

Room Tip: We were in the Primrose which had adequate space & overlooked the sound.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buxton
Hatteras Island Inn Buxton
#4 of 6 in Buxton
Outer Banks Motel
Outer Banks Motel
#5 of 6 in Buxton

Been to The Inn on Pamlico Sound? Share your experiences!