Just got home from a father/daughter bicycle adventure - Key West to Virginia Beach. When on a trip like that you don't usually get to choose where you will stay at the end of the day. It's a function of how far you can bike, the weather, where you can get a reservation etc... Along the way we were forced to sleep in some places that could be classified as "not habitable for human beings". But occasionally we ran into a place that was truly exceptional. The Inn on Pamlico Sound was exceptional and awesome. Every part of the experience was great. At check in, the friendly staff showed us around and invited us to make ourselves at home. The refrigerators in the hallway are stocked with (free) cold drinks - welcome news after pedaling for 50 miles in the heat and humidity. The rooms were nicely decorated, comfortable and immaculate. The view of the bay from our room cannot be put into words. The pool was clean and refreshing. The kayaks and sup boards allowed us to experience something we had not done before - really fun. The bay was beautiful. The home theatre on the bottom floor, complete with movie theatre seats and a choice of hundreds of movies was totally unexpected. The reading room was comfortable and well stocked with an eclectic selection of books and magazines. The restaurant was exceptional. We couldn't believe that breakfast, which was delicious, was included in the price. This place is not only awesome, it's actually a great value - two things that usually don't go together. Lastly, and not to take away from any of the above - the chocolate chip cookies they serve in the afternoon are the best we have ever had, and we have travelled the world eating chocolate chip cookies. The only negative experience we had was having to leave. We wanted to stay forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A casually elegant waterfront boutique hotel on the Pamlico Sound. Accommodations range from soundfront queens to premium kings with private decks, and spa tubs. Amenities include gourmet three course breakfast, fresh baked goods, kayaks, bicycles, pool, home theater, library, 1,700 DVDs, complementary beverages and snacks, beach chairs, beach towels, and high speed internet. Gourmet waterfront fine dining; fresh, organic and local. Weddings and catering. Our goal is to provide the experience of an honored guest in our casually elegant hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Inn on Pamlico Sound reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn On Pamlico Sound Hotel Buxton
- The Inn On Pamlico Sound Buxton, Hatteras Island, NC