It was the luck of the Irish, the stars were all aligned... on a whim, my boyfriend and I stumbled upon this hidden gem and wow, we were more than impressed!
First of all, Steve Nelson, the owner and GM, knows what he is doing and what old fashioned or maybe just southern-hospitality really is. The funny part is that I didn't get a chance to meet Steve Nelson as he was away when we stayed there, but I could already tell that I liked him and wanted to meet him by the small thoughtful details that he put into this place.
The Inn on Pamlico is a cozy, clean, well-kept and a romantic getaway for those who are looking for a perfect place to stay. From freshly brewed coffee right outside your door, to complimentary bikes, fishing poles, sea kayaks, paddleboards, sit-down 3-course breakfast, home made wonderful chocolate chip cookies at night, free snacks in your room, 8,000 blockbuster movies in your collection to live music every night at their amazing restaurant... Steve Nelson & Amazing, thoughtful Staff, you guys have thought of EVERYTHING to make us want to come back.
The greatest part is everything is included. They don't nickle and dime you, they just give generously to make sure that you are welcome and at home. You want to rent a movie, maybe 3-4? Just ask, its free. You want coffee and an all you can eat brunch, just come down, it's white table cloths and free. You want bikes, beach towels, umbrellas, ice coolers for the beach.. yes, once again its all free for guests to use... This is TRUE Hospitality, and more hotels or B&Bs should take a lesson from The Inn on Pamlico. I would highly recommend anyone stay there.
I never write reviews and felt compelled to write one. I hope you give this place as much love and respect as they give to you. I am on the road 75% of the time and have stayed in my share of hotels across the globe, you've kept it intimate, cozy, welcoming and definitely have done it right. I will be back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A casually elegant waterfront boutique hotel on the Pamlico Sound. Accommodations range from soundfront queens to premium kings with private decks, and spa tubs. Amenities include gourmet three course breakfast, fresh baked goods, kayaks, bicycles, pool, home theater, library, 1,700 DVDs, complementary beverages and snacks, beach chairs, beach towels, and high speed internet. Gourmet waterfront fine dining; fresh, organic and local. Weddings and catering. Our goal is to provide the experience of an honored guest in our casually elegant hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Inn on Pamlico Sound reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn On Pamlico Sound Hotel Buxton
- The Inn On Pamlico Sound Buxton, Hatteras Island, NC