Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging
US$118
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Cape Pines Motel(Buxton)(Great Value!)
US$106
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Sea Gull Motel(Hatteras Island)
US$124
US$112
Good 3.5/5
The Breakwater Inn(Hatteras Island)(Great Value!)
US$123
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Excellent 5/5
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsocean frontthird floortop floorbunk bedsfull kitchenthe outer bankssemi private deckthe cottagesoceanfront roomliving roomlaid backshort drivewasher dryerpots and pansmini fridgecape hatterasa great place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My family and I had a wonderful time staying in the round house!! The house was clean and ready when we got there Sat. afternoon. The staff was friendly and accommodating. My family and I have been staying at the Lighthouse View round house since 2005 and we would not trade our two times a year vacation for any other on the island. If anyone is ever questionable on the enjoyment of staying in the round houses, just see how hard it is to get an open date from February to November! We hope the houses and the prices remain to where we can manage to continue twice yearly to escape to one of the most beautiful islands on the Eastern seashore!
Also, Diamond Shoal restaurant in my opinion has the best clam chowder! The Pamlico sound has the best crabbing ever! along with the best kite boarding! We hope you enjoy as much as my family and I do!!!!

Room Tip: Fitness is about getting out there surfing, running on the beach or just getting out of the room!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Rueben6
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I contacted the hotel about information and about setting up a block of rooms in September or October for my wedding. They replied saying that since my dates were flexible, that I needed to call. I called them two days ago and they said they had no weddings booked during September and October and that the hotel rooms would be $75. They said that if guests stayed three or more nights that they would receive a 10% discount. My guests just needed to give out last names. I inquired about the suites and was told that they did not qualify for the discounts but were available. I also asked if they were LGBT friendly because we don't want to step on others beliefs and go where we are not welcome. The lady said yes. Today my fiance called (two days after my initial phone call) and I was told the hotel was booked for two weddings already and we could not reserve a block of rooms. I tried to call 4 times and no one answered. SOmeone finally answered and she was down right hateful. She said it was her staffs word against mine and she did not even talk to anyone while I was on the phone. She also said that these weddings were scheduled months ago and the rates were not $75. She accused me of lying. If she had simply replied to my initial email stating we have weddings on these dates etc we would not be in this mess since I could have chosen another date. Now we are screwed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank F1nsup
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed March 21-22 2014 and found a disgustingly stained bedspread on the bed (when I pulled it back to reveal the underside. The beach is nearly non-existent - what remains reveals large sand bags under the dunes and all along the beach along with pipelines - they were working on smoothing it out as I was leaving, but I was unable to walk down to the ocean for fear of tripping over sandbags and other debris. The maid knocked and immediately walked right into my room in spite of my shout, discovered I was only partially clothed. The next day I was checking out at 11AM yet she showed up at 10:30 - seems like a lack of communication. A "do not disturb sign" was nowhere to be found. There was no light where the coffee pot sat, and the cord was not long enough to reach the electrical box. Had to set it up on the sink which was already a very small space. If you like the sound of the surf this is a good place, but bring your own bed covers. No restaurant (for breakfast) or fitness center.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
LighthouseView, Owner at Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

We are terribly sorry to hear about your experience during your stay. Lighthouse View prides itself on our clean rooms, friendly staff and great location. Certainly, if during your stay, we were notified of cleaning issues or room concerns we would have addressed those immediately. We are currently working on our beach nourishment. As our location is oceanfront we do frequently struggle with beach erosion and the need for maintenance. We appologize if this inconvenienced you in any way. As we do not advertise a restuarant or fittness facility, we do direct guests to nearby restaurants and local spa/ fitness areas. If you would like to further discuss these concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed in a 3rd floor ocean front room for 4 nights at the recommendation of my brother who has stayed here several times before. We were not disappointed! The room was nice and clean with a fabulous view! The cleaning staff was friendly and reliable. The office staff was very gracious and helpful!! Due to weather we almost left a day early and they were willing to refund us a night's stay! We highly recommend this motel and look forward to going back there again!

Room Tip: Choose the 3rd floor ocean front if you can handle the stairs to get up there! It is SO worth it!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Skier021

Thank you for the great review. We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Not much open here in Buxton, but I as always check my Trip advisor, and they gave it a very good overall, so I checked it out. very nice for the summer, and since we were here in February, it was fine, they had the heat on, cozy, got to have cozy. So you see just looking around, if you just wanted to go to the beach and chill in the summer, this place looks good. The receptionist was fine, she recommended two restaurants, first one closed, but the second was fine. I would definitely come back in the warmer months.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple