Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Sea Gull Motel(Hatteras Island)
View Hotel
Village Marina Motel(Hatteras Island)
View Hotel
The Breakwater Inn(Hatteras Island)
View Hotel
All reviewsocean frontthird floortop floorbunk bedsfull kitchenthe outer bankssemi private deckthe cottagesoceanfront roomliving roomlaid backshort drivewasher dryerpots and pansmini fridgecape hatterasa great place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I might be biased because I'm completely in love with Hatteras (especially Buxton and Frisco) but this place is simply amazing. We stayed in a top-floor oceanfront room and I have to say that dining on the deck overlooking the ocean is a unique experience. Our apartment was well equipped with everything we needed, including a functional kitchen with dishwasher, standard oven and microwave, A/C, cable TV. The closest beach is literally downstairs!
The Lighthouse View is family-run with impeccable kindness and professionalism and apparently some guests have been going there for generations. It is perfectly located on the Highway 12 in Buxton, very close to the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse (a must-see), Conner's (great local supermarket), some ok restaurants, gas stations, a car wash (what else do you need on vacation?!)
If anything, I would suggest the manager to add some more flatware (including steak knives), casseroles and dishes to the already well equipped kitchen.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BojanUliev
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

This is a delightful place. We stayed in an OF room 416. The hotel the room and people all are all awesome. We feel that the hotel felt like a big family inn. The pool was great! The view was incredible! Rooms are clean updates and nice. We felt at home after spending 5 nights in Duck NC. Hatteras and this hotel quaint and pleasant .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bethanie W
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My family and I had a wonderful time staying in the round house!! The house was clean and ready when we got there Sat. afternoon. The staff was friendly and accommodating. My family and I have been staying at the Lighthouse View round house since 2005 and we would not trade our two times a year vacation for any other on the island. If anyone is ever questionable on the enjoyment of staying in the round houses, just see how hard it is to get an open date from February to November! We hope the houses and the prices remain to where we can manage to continue twice yearly to escape to one of the most beautiful islands on the Eastern seashore!
Also, Diamond Shoal restaurant in my opinion has the best clam chowder! The Pamlico sound has the best crabbing ever! along with the best kite boarding! We hope you enjoy as much as my family and I do!!!!

Room Tip: Fitness is about getting out there surfing, running on the beach or just getting out of the room!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Rueben6
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I contacted the hotel about information and about setting up a block of rooms in September or October for my wedding. They replied saying that since my dates were flexible, that I needed to call. I called them two days ago and they said they had no weddings booked during September and October and that the hotel rooms would be $75. They said that if guests stayed three or more nights that they would receive a 10% discount. My guests just needed to give out last names. I inquired about the suites and was told that they did not qualify for the discounts but were available. I also asked if they were LGBT friendly because we don't want to step on others beliefs and go where we are not welcome. The lady said yes. Today my fiance called (two days after my initial phone call) and I was told the hotel was booked for two weddings already and we could not reserve a block of rooms. I tried to call 4 times and no one answered. SOmeone finally answered and she was down right hateful. She said it was her staffs word against mine and she did not even talk to anyone while I was on the phone. She also said that these weddings were scheduled months ago and the rates were not $75. She accused me of lying. If she had simply replied to my initial email stating we have weddings on these dates etc we would not be in this mess since I could have chosen another date. Now we are screwed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank F1nsup
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed March 21-22 2014 and found a disgustingly stained bedspread on the bed (when I pulled it back to reveal the underside. The beach is nearly non-existent - what remains reveals large sand bags under the dunes and all along the beach along with pipelines - they were working on smoothing it out as I was leaving, but I was unable to walk down to the ocean for fear of tripping over sandbags and other debris. The maid knocked and immediately walked right into my room in spite of my shout, discovered I was only partially clothed. The next day I was checking out at 11AM yet she showed up at 10:30 - seems like a lack of communication. A "do not disturb sign" was nowhere to be found. There was no light where the coffee pot sat, and the cord was not long enough to reach the electrical box. Had to set it up on the sink which was already a very small space. If you like the sound of the surf this is a good place, but bring your own bed covers. No restaurant (for breakfast) or fitness center.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
LighthouseView, Owner at Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

We are terribly sorry to hear about your experience during your stay. Lighthouse View prides itself on our clean rooms, friendly staff and great location. Certainly, if during your stay, we were notified of cleaning issues or room concerns we would have addressed those immediately. We are currently working on our beach nourishment. As our location is oceanfront we do frequently struggle with beach erosion and the need for maintenance. We appologize if this inconvenienced you in any way. As we do not advertise a restuarant or fittness facility, we do direct guests to nearby restaurants and local spa/ fitness areas. If you would like to further discuss these concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you.