We stayed for a week in June. The weather was nice. The view was very nice. Since we have never been there before, I relied on their advertisement video. It is misleading. There really is no ocean to swim in, meaning it gets deep immediately. There is the beach to walk on. I certainly would never allow my children more than a step into the ocean there. NO one was swimming. We did go to Frisco beach, which was really nice. The pool and our king suite with loft were clean. We did enjoy ourselves. Our only real disappointment was that we expected to be able to swim and boogie board in the ocean right there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nowhere will you find a more delightful combination of beautiful vacation rentals seashore wonders, and southern hospitality, all within the shadow of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse than at Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging. Located on the oceanside village of Buxton, North Carolina, our beachfront campus offers some of the best views on Hatteras Island!Many of our guests have made us their annual retreat of choice because we have everything you could need for a great Hatteras vacation: convenient Cape Hatteras lodging, great in-room amenities, a location that couldn’t be any closer to the beach and sound, exceptional surf fishing, a host of exciting water sports, and, of course, the majestic Cape Hatteras Lighthouse for a fun sightseeing opportunity.We offer a wide variety of Buxton vacation rentals, from motel rooms to efficiencies to beach cottages. Whether you’re planning a quiet getaway for two, a fishing or water sports escape, or a full-blown multi-family and friend Cape Hatteras beach vacation, we can make it all happen. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging Hotel Buxton
- Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging Buxton, Hatteras Island, NC
- Lighthouse View Hotel Buxton
- Light House View Motel