“Half-day Deep Sea Fishing”

Hurricane Fleet - Eco DayTours
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Cruise
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and teenage son went out with the Hurricane Fleet for a half day of deep sea fishing. My husband has been on many deep sea fishing trips before and was impressed with this company. The captain put them on the fish and they caught many fish. The deckhands were very helpful and one deckhand even let our son reel in a shark that was on his line.
The boat was not crowded and they never got tangled with other fishermen's lines (which is usually a major issue with crowded boats). They're looking forward to going out on a longer trip next time-maybe the Gulf Stream trip.

1  Thank Owenfamily2014
in 20 reviews
"nets"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had been trying to find just the right day to go Ocean surveying for whatever the Ocean has to offer. Well we hit it in early May. Weather was a TEN. Slight breeze, no clouds, and temps in the upper 70's-low 80's and low humidity. The Capt. and crew were just a delight with the right mix of info and light hearted humor to make the day a blast. Then the dolphins and a few sea turtles made there appearance so you couldn't want more until we spotted a shark fin patrolling the waters near the boat. Capt. did his best to keep the boat turning so all aboard could take pictures as close as anyone wanted to get. Great experience.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We set out on a dolphin cruise on May 21. Before we boarded the boat we were alerted, up front, that the seas were a bit choppy. They warned that the waves were not bad, but they would be more than usual. Nonetheless, we boarded with my two sons (3 and 7) and enjoyed ourselves. The boat was very clean, the crew very accommodating. Our trip out to the shrimp boat was quite a ride, but it was a beautiful day. Once we go to the shrimp boat we were able to get very close to a couple groups of dolphin, including a baby. The captain turned the boat several times to allow people from all angles to view them. Additionally, after the viewing we got to learn a lot about how a shrimp boat works and we got bags of some of the "extras" that get into the nets tossed over from the smaller shrimp boat to ours. Sharky went through the different fish species showing us many different kinds. My kids both loved it. We go to get up close to touch the fish on our way back in. It was the highlight of my 7 year old's trip.

2  Thank Matt F
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I took the half day fishing trip on may 5 2014. We went out on a smaller boat since we had a small group due to some people canceling. The staff was very helpful and nice. The trip was great my dad did catch a lot of fish (none he could keep though too small) the only downside was I got very sick and didnt get to fish much. Oh well at least the ride was nice