“Lots of fish !!”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lots of fish !!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We had a wonderful time ! We did the private charter (sorry I don't remember the name of the boat). The captain asked what we wanted to fish for - we told him that we did not care what type of fish, but we just wanted to catch a lot. Boy, did we ! He knew exactly were to take us. The helper was great about baiting our lines & getting them straight when we tangled them up a few times. It was awesome. I did feel a little guilty - all I did was sit there & throw out my line, catch a fish & reel it in. They did all the work ! My daughter caught so many that she got a blister on her hand from reeling in so much. My husband got a small shark too ! Great 1/2 day! They asked our expectations & then they fulfilled them!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lisa L

Chantilly, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“So much more than dolphin sightings!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I won't bother detailing what others have written here about how the day goes. You may or may not see dolphins, they ride up to their own fishing boat, you get lessons on shrimp fishing and tons of other sea critters, the boat is spacious and comfortable. Here's what I will detail: I have taken the dolphin tour offered by the competition three times, and this was no comparison. I will never take them again, I will always go to Hurricane Fleet from this point forward.

Here's why: First, the departure location is closer to the ocean. This means no painfully long, slow, boring drift down the inland river before even reaching the open water of the ocean; which is what the other company has to do. Sure, it's no problem on the way out. But on the return, when you are hot and tired and maybe also disappointed at the lack of dolphins? It's miserable. Doesn't happen with Hurricane Fleet.

Next, the crew. They don't promise what they can't deliver (dolphins), so you won't get a guarantee of a return trip if you don't spot them. But they do promise an education in ocean animals, and a fun, family friendly experience. As it happened, we did see dolphins on our trip. If we hadn't, the money and time would not have felt wasted as it did on the competition. And what good is a return trip when time is limited on vacation anyway?

The crew is awesome. I have two sons, aged 13 and 8. The older one is fascinated with marine biology and says this trip was the best part of his vacation. The younger one has autism, and had some behavioral difficulty toward the end of the trip. The crew went above and beyond to assist us.

I have saved the best for last: SHARKY. Sharky is the tour guide, and he alone would make the trip worth the time and money. He looks like a salty fisherman, but in fact he's more of a cross between your favorite teacher and Santa Claus. He clearly loves the ocean and teaching the kids about it, and he's incredibly informative and entertaining.

Do not skip this trip. Do not use any other company other than Hurricane Fleet. If you want to experience the ocean away from the shore, this is your best bet.

Visited August 2014
5 Thank ElizInVA
Aliquippa
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Enjoyable day!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We went on a half day morning fishing tour, I'm glad we went early because by the trip home it was really starting to get HOT! The price is very fair and everything you need is provided. They do have additional bait for sale and you may also take your own. The staff is very friendly and they are very attentive. They sell some food and beverages on the boat but again you may also take your own. I do recommend taking a towel or a few paper towels as your hands get pretty dirty if your fishing. We are repeat customers, we go out at least once every trip south. They have contests for the biggest fish caught for children, which does help keep the kids interested throughout the trip. On our first trip out we did not know that they accept tips, and we did not have any extra cash with us(I'm used to charging everything), but now I know to take a few extra bucks!! Fun for the whole family. Oh, and if you happen to get sea sick(we had one in our family that did) you are able to stay in the gally, there were a few folks in there that day just kinda laying on the benches. We caught a lot of small fish and my son even caught a shark, nice memories!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Nancy T
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Wonderful inexpensive trip for 2 hours for your family”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

me and my wife went on the afternoon trip with my mom and dad my sister and brother in law and my little niece. it was a nice two hour trip with lots to learn for the kids and we did see dolphins and my family very thoroughly enjoyed it for the money. We will do this again

Visited July 2014
3 Thank millerman2brian
Brampton, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“No Dolphins this trip but still lots of fun”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We went on the dolphin cruise and though there were no dolphin sightings, but the cruise was still amazing. The boat is big and comfy with lots of seating and a snack bar. The crew are a bunch of nice guys who are very informative and helpful. They pulled up beside a trolling boat and the trolling boat threw a few bags of what was caught in their nets. There were sand dollars, shrimp, small sting rays, large star fish and small sharks which thrilled the children on board. The sites that you pass by on the way out to the ocean is just breathtaking. I highly recommend this boat trip even if it is a bad day for dolphin sightings!!

Visited July 2014